Good tanks for the Vamo V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthem13

May 29, 2014
Clancy Mt
I just got the Vamo V5 two weeks ago. It didn't come with a tank, so I looked through some threads and read the Knager aerotank, was good for the v5. So I got one and it was great for the first week. It took a dump on me. I don't get any vapes, just juice in my mouth. I cleaned it, took it all apart. Well im waiting for my Atomizer to come in the mail. I need a tank for work, i drive alot and dont want to be dripping in the car. So what do you guys use. Also not looking for glass tanks. Im afraid I will break them at work. 510 or ego tanks will work for me.

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
I wouldnt buy an aerotank myself; i just use the protank with the kanger airtank controller (got the protank 3 for £8.99 and the controller for £2.99). A tank i really like is the iclear 30b - even at high voltages the coils on those things just last forever. Ive had mine for like 4 months now, and ive only had to change coils twice. Also, the design quality of the 30 b is just great, it looks very well made.

Btw im using red efest imr batts in my vamo and even vaping at the minimum of 3.0 watts ill be lucky to get half a day of light use. I tried the same battery on my coolfire 1, and it has lasted a good 2 days of fairly heavy use, and still on amber; anybody know why this is or where im going wrong?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Hmmm - where did you get the batts? On a Vamo the should read at 4.2 when fresh off of the charger. Do you take them off of the charger the minute the light turns green? You could try leaving them on a little longer. I haven't used the nitecore but have heard good things about it. I use an xtar myself. Can you borrow a batt from a friend and see how that fares? If it goes to 4.2 then you know your battery is the issue.

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
Yeah, the nite core is really worth buying, it cuts off as soon as the batt is completely charged. I've tried the efest reds and purples and both read at 4.1, so I guess the problem must be the device? Next week I'm getting a couple sony nct4 batts and if they read the same I'll put it down to the device itself. It could just be me though; I'm still figuring out how to get through the interface- I've got it set to watts, but maybe the voltage is high, and that's why they're not lasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread