Going Out of Town!

Status
Not open for further replies.

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
The dates have changed. Be leaving Tuesday and coming back Thursday. I will be back every afternoon probably in time to get orders out. But we need to be on the job at 6 and leave about lunch before it gets too hot.

We have seen many consecutive days of over 100 degree heat. We are actually wrapping a building. If the vinyl gets too hot it will start stretching.

Don

MadHatter

Sic itur ad astra
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2010
Waco, Texas
We have seen many consecutive days of over 100 degree heat. We are actually wrapping a building. If the vinyl gets too hot it will start stretching.

Don

According to the news last night we've had 36 consecutive days over 100 degrees now. The record is 40 consecutive days set back in 1980, but I have a feeling we'll be beating that this year.

Yesterday after the storm passed through Waco it was still over 100. I was driving home and there was steam coming off the roads.

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
Yes neighbor you are correct. We will no doubt beat that record. We have got August and September to get through. I never thought I was living in the desert, but we are. Things are dead and yards are brown. I live in the country between McGregor and Waco. Behind the airport is Camp Hope. It was Camp Val Verde. I share a fence line with them and was use to seeing deer and turkey walk across the property. Haven't seen them in a while. But I got the biggest pair of Jack rabbits you have ever seen hanging around. I also think my bride is feeding all of the hummingbirds in the western part of the county. She has 3 feeders and fills them up almost daily.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread