Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
E-Cigarettes And The Baptists And Bootleggers Coalition Against Them - Forbes

E-cigarettes are becoming ever more popular as people decide they’d quite like to continue getting those nicotine hits without all the unpleasantness of dying young and painfully from lung cancer or heart disease. All of which is just great of course, more people enjoying themselves with less damage to themselves is one of those things that we generally applaud. However, there’s a rather Baptists and Bootleggers coalition against the products. The two groups opposed to them are those who think that vaping, of e-cigarettes, should be opposed on moral grounds and those who are opposed to their use over concerns about their own financial interests.

Sounds about right to me...the crusaders against tobacco and the big tobacco companies in the same bed.

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
There is serious money to be made and I have doubts e-cigs would ever be banned. Controlled, yes. Unfortunately, the wrong people will be involved in the e-cig biz and the price will go up. Mom and Pop shops will be bought up by corporations and we all know how that turns out. And lets not forget taxes. It's going to change, for the worse, but e-cigs won't go away. IMO

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
I'll have to agree, they will be available..but not anything near to what we are used to now.

They're not taking any more new product applications, so pretty much what we'll be left with once this blows over are the disposables and you'll have to make your daily run to the corner store to get them. Some of the current disposables are pretty darn good, but we're not talking about new products. First generation type stuff, with lots of chemical manipulation by the same people that manipulated tobacco cigarettes to make them more addicting. (Ammonia added to make the tobacco "free base" and pass the blood brain barrier nearly instantly, etc...etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread