Flavor on Taifun gt5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Romanov

Jan 22, 2022
Hello Guys,

Im having flavor issue with taifun gt5. No matter what i do flavor sucks. I tried building it over 35 times. Same result. I use same juice in my Claymore rda and flavor is way better, and not muted. Coil is tricore fused clapton ni80 at 0.366 ohm run between 30-55 wats

1672619318671.png

1672619343113.png

1672619396215.png

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Hello Guys,

Im having flavor issue with taifun gt5. No matter what i do flavor sucks. I tried building it over 35 times. Same result. I use same juice in my Claymore RDA and flavor is way better, and not muted. Coil is tricore fused clapton ni80 at 0.366 ohm run between 30-55 wats

Hi Alexander :)

In my humble opinion an RDA will always provide slightly better flavor versus an RTA. About half my setups in rotation are RDA's.

In this first video Jim has his coil placed higher than yours. He likely prefers more throat hit. He is using more wick than you are on the tails and did not trim any cotton from his tails.

In this video Todd has his coil about where yours is and he is also using more cotton.

Just click "Watch on YouTube" to play Todd's video.

Both say they are getting excellent flavor and both say it performs best at higher wattages. Jim starts at 35w and then bumps it up to 42.5w. You're running it up to 55w so that should be fine.

I would try wicking your GT V as they did without trimming any cotton off the tails. Also make sure the density of your wick is not too tight in the coil. Too tight in your coil can mute flavor.

The GT V ships with two 3x1.8mm air disks installed. Only other thing I can think of is to try a set of the more restricted air disks. Like the 3x1.5mm or even the 3x1.2mm.

Good luck!!!

Alexander Romanov

Jan 22, 2022
@
Hi Alexander :)

In my humble opinion an RDA will always provide slightly better flavor versus an RTA. About half my setups in rotation are RDA's.

In this first video Jim has his coil placed higher than yours. He likely prefers more throat hit. He is using more wick than you are on the tails and did not trim any cotton from his tails.

In this video Todd has his coil about where yours is and he is also using more cotton.

Just click "Watch on YouTube" to play Todd's video.

Both say they are getting excellent flavor and both say it performs best at higher wattages. Jim starts at 35w and then bumps it up to 42.5w. You're running it up to 55w so that should be fine.

I would try wicking your GT V as they did without trimming any cotton off the tails. Also make sure the density of your wick is not too tight in the coil. Too tight in your coil can mute flavor.

The GT V ships with two 3x1.8mm air disks installed. Only other thing I can think of is to try a set of the more restricted air disks. Like the 3x1.5mm or even the 3x1.2mm.

Good luck!!!

Thank you for your kinda response. I already watched those vids as well as all available on youtube. Didnt work sadly. All of that gives me super dry vapor with no flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread