Fix for loose 901 carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

usehername

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2008
USA
I have two types of carts for my 901. One is a single piece unit with a slit in the mouthpiece. The other is a two piece unit with a round hole at the mouthpiece. The single piece cart fits the atomiser tight. It has more that a quarter inch of insertion grip into the atomiser. The other design however has less than half of that actual contact grip in the atomiser. The diameter of the 901 is pretty close to that of a CATV cable connector so I thought I might be able to squeeze the mouth end of the atomiser just a bit with my cable crimper tool . That works but not everybody has one of those right?
So here is a 30 second fix that wont cost you a dime. You already have everything you need to do it. Your cart came with a plastic cover cap. You need to cut the closed end of that cap off with a sharp knife. You are creating an open tube about a half inch long. Take that band and work it onto the atomiser leaving part of the band extending out past the atomiser edge. Now stick your loose cart on there. The band creates a splint of sorts and doubles the contact joint between the two pieces. The old cover cap is the perfect diameter for this and you wont event know it is on there.
See my 2 second LED mod entitled "Don't care for the LED ?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread