Figured out a way to refill Blu Plus tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke213

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Up
I don't recall what flavor your tanks were, but I bought some tobacco ones today and I'm not a fan of the flavor. I liked the old tobacco flavor but this new one isn't good at all for me.

Just curious if you felt the same way on the new "flavors" vs. the old stuff. I'm looking forward to refilling these though in the next bit once they run down if I can stomach this flavor until then. May just hack them early to get a good flavor of my DIY.

Luke

mikeycig

Dec 13, 2014
FL

Nicely done! Exactly the way I do it! I've found that I get good vapor and taste for about 5 refills using this method. At that point I rinse out the innards (through the drilled hole) with alcohol, post-rinse with warm water, dry with an air blower, refill, and get another 5 refills after that. So about 10 refills and at that point, I start on a new tank because after about 10, I think the coil and wick get a little too "stale" to carry the taste well. One note: I've found it pretty easy to twist and slide the heat shrink off the tank: helps to twist it with the battery still attached. Then you can refill and even reuse the same piece of heat shrink tubing. The first couple times, it's tight enough you can just slip it back on without leaks. After a couple times, you may have to reheat it. So you can probably get 3-4 refills and reuse the same piece of heat shrink. After that, the heat shrink is probably done (too loose) and you'll have to use a fresh piece. If you want to slip off the heat shrink and reuse it, be sure to wipe down the outside of the tank with alcohol prior to applying the first piece so you get any residual adhesive off.

To address flavor, the tobacco is decent but I use vanilla. I find the vanilla flavor very good and it seems a little more neutral in that when you refill it, you don't taste any of the vanilla flavor.

Mike

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Oh man I really like this, are you re-filling with tobacco flavors or others? I've been looking for a cig like replacement that I could re-fill with my favorite flavors and this would be perfect.

Thanks,
Chase

Don't waste money on blue when unbranded accessories and batteries are cheaper

KR808D-1 electronic cigarette batteries

Scroll down for refillable tanks that fit the battery in the link

Reactions: YoursTruli

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
That is a lot of time and effort for a not so great cig-alike vape
Ecigs I Eliquids I Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | Bloog
rated one of the very best cig-alike (pen) style with refillable cartomizers or of course you can buy prefilled ones. Vaping about 4 years years now and I still use these from time to time for the ease and convenience or when I need that "cigarette" type feeling to ward off cravings for a cig. I still get them every once in a while even after 4 years of not smoking and these help me a lot.

synapsesame

Jun 1, 2015
I just pop the cap off with a paper clip, take out the gasket, put the rubber cap back on the threading, slowly add my favorite juice until it begins to overflow, and wait...(*all while the threaded end is facing down-tank in a vertical position) I like the idea on how to tap the tank and clean it out, though. It'll probably improve the flavor or allow for different flavors after it's cleaned out *plus it would allow for a bigger refill*. But, I'm lazy and if it saves me on buying the tanks as often that's good enough for me for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread