Ego twist to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahLove7124

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
CA
Hello! I've been lurking for a few months now. Figured it was time to post a question to reach the 5 post minimum so that in the future I could post in the various threads. Anyways...Been vaping for all 3 months now on an ego twist with carto tanks. I have a protank 2 but never could get an enjoyable vape from it so it's just been sitting there. I love the box mod look and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend which I should get? Should I take the plunge into something like DB modz or start simple with an Mvp v2? Thanks for any input folks :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Fittytigsic

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
The MVPs are good mods! Those are the only box mods I have ever really tried. The original MVP allows you to fire on a coil that is less than 1 ohm and most other mods don't allow you to. So if you ever get into dripping thats kinda cool. It also depends on if you want an internal or external battery. The mvp has an internal battery(meaning once that battery messes up you'll have to get a new one) and the VTR which is the step up from the mvp has an external battery(extra batteries that you put in yourself and you can replace.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
It totally depends what you want / need in an APV.

I have never owned an MVP2, but if I was starting out on APVs, I would probably get one. Almost everyone that has one loves it, and considering the number of people that own them, I've seen very few issues with them on the forums.
For $40 it almost makes it the default option for people looking for box mods.

Now if you wanted something robust, inexpensive, American made, bullet-proof and with thousands of satisfied users, look no further than a REO Grand or REO VV Grand.

Of course there are loads of other box mods out there - but as I said it depends on what you want it to do. Are you looking for a 'simple' VV / VW device, a mechanical, a wooden mod or one with a DNA chip. All of those needs have box mods available to fit.

• Deleted by UntamedRose
  • Reason: spamming for post count....

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Thank you all for the responses! Intheshade, I definitely love vv/vw seeing as how I'm accustomed to the twist. As of now, mechanical mods don't interest me. Wooden mods are beautiful! And a DNA chip would be great but not sure if it's a necessity for me.

I didn't even welcome you to the forum JahLove, so welcome to the ECF :toast:

Based on what you responded, sure sounds like an MVP2 will fit your needs / wants.

As you are in Cali, maybe you could find the time to visit a well-stocked brick and mortar vape store - they might have a few that you can touch and sample before you buy one.

If not, have a look at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/ there is a 342 page thread in there all about the MVP. Plus just browsing through that forum, you might see some other APVs that you might not have considered.

Again, welcome and :vapor: on

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
InTheShade - hits nail on head :)

I will only add - I own 3 MVP2s and my SO has what *should* be my 4th. I have much pricier devices that sit around. It consistently performs, its portable and its simple. Oh and its the longest any device has survived my SO. He is a contractor and just destroys everything. LOL. He even lost it - turned up buried in the snow by his truck - still works like new.

I will also add - Reo is next. Im just afraid I have to buy 2 because he hijacks all my vapes stuffs!

Good luck and happy box mod hunting!

JahLove7124

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
CA
Intheshade, thanks for the welcome! I live in Central CA, and 2 B&M's just opened in my town actually. I'll definitely check if they have an MVP I can check out. Thanks CreepyLady and Shaunie for the MVP votes...with my birthday being a few days away, sounds like I know exactly what to put on my wish list ;) thanks again!

Heyd1127

Jan 21, 2014
Washington
I use my MVP2 every single day, hasnt given me one problem yet. I manage a vape shop in Federal Way WA and ive sold many MVPs V1 and 2 and havent had a single person be anything but happy with them. Innokin makes good stuff. I would say if you like the box mofs but maybe want just a bit more than an MVP check out the VTR, it has some major weight to it, and can crank as high as most any VV/VW mod, it can also handle sub ohms to .7 i believe so if you fo start rebuilding coils, it wont be rendered totally useless for that purpose. Even though its still a good mod, i myself wouldnt bother with an MVP1, its just too outdated for me at this point and the blue display on the V2 is SOOO much more pleasing to the eye, and watts is obviously the way to be so yeah cant go much wrong with Innokin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread