DSE 901-whats the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelstyles

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Perth Western australia
Hi my name is Angel and I just bought the Dse 901. I have had a chinese mini e cigarette before and I was vaping for a while until I lost my e cigarette. So I decided to order a new one. I got it from Black Mini DSE901 Electric Cigaret Starter Kit - $19.99 : Electronic Cigarette Wholesale - China E-Cigarette Wholesale - Discount electric cigaret - Cheap Mini e-cigarette - Super Cigarette - Buy E-cig From Manufacturer here and I got some cartridges too.
I smoke a lot. A packet of reds a day and have been trying to quit since I lost my e cig by using nicotine gum but I decided I like puffing on stuff during the day so I found this model and bought it. It was pretty cheap so I think it is good even though I havent recieved it yet(I ordered it today.)
can anyone tell me a little bit about the Dse 901? I have heard it is the most popular e cigarette. Why? Is it that good? And whats the deal with this e liquid stuff. I seen some on totally wicked but dont know much about it. Should I use liquid instead of buying cartridges? Is it cheaper?
Thanks ahead of time for anyone who replies.:cool:

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
You have got yourself a VERY GOOD deal on the dse901 mini. usually they go for about 45 bucks from US Suppliers. The e-liquid is what you would use to refill the Cartridges when they run dry. They are definitely better than you having to buy replacement carts and the e-liquids are great also because there are many, many different flavors to choose from.

the Dse 901b is a very good e-cig that produces Very good vapor and you can also drip with it. dripping means that you can just drop 2-3 drops of e-liquid onto the atomizer.
ou
one more thing you should know when you receive your dse901b is to see if it is a REAL DSE901b. there are many fakes out there. the way to tell if it is made by the DSE company (forgot the name but it doesn't matter) is to look at the end of the atomizer and the battery. you will see a bunch of numbers but what you need to look for is if it says "SLB" on the battery and the atomizer. if not, then you got yourself the look alike which is the RN4075 I believe. They are basically the same exact thing but I noticed that the real DSE's work much better for me. this is however very controversial though because all the DSE vapors have different opinions on them.

What you should also do is to buy more atomizers, they seem to go really fast.

this is a link to a thread that might help you fix your atomizer if it ever shall fail on you. I have tried it before but I ended up breaking it instead of "resurrecting" it.

it is worth the try though. As for e-liquid, there are MANY suppliers that sell them. most places sell the 10 ML ones for $10.00 and the 30ML for 20 bucks.

I believe that goodprophets.com has e-liquid for cheaper and they are a US supplier.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask, everyone here is more than happy to help you! And I hope I have answered your questions.

Harry

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/5782-atomizer-resurrection-pt-1-a-4.html

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I have a DSE901 and I love it. My first e-cig was an NJoy NPro, and the 901 is amazing compared to that.

You really just need to try it out and do a lot of reading here on the forum to understand how everything works and what all your options are. It can be a bit overwhelming at first. When I first got mine, I read all this stuff about e-liquid and thought these people were nuts! Why would I buy bottles of liquid when there are nice, neat pre-filled cartridges available? But I found out why very quickly. The pre-filled cartridge flavors were horrible. You have so much more control over taste and strength when you buy e-liquid and refill your own cartridges (not to mention how much cheaper it is!).

You'll eventually find what works best for you, but it may take some experimenting. The equipment has options too. I started out with just a regular "automatic" battery, but then I discovered the manual (push-button) batteries and got some of those. That made a world of difference for me because you don't have to suck as hard to get good vapor. I also have a manual USB-passthrough, so I can power my 901 from my computer instead of using a battery when I'm just sitting here online (which is often!).

The two main things I've learned in the few weeks I've been using my DSE901 regularly, is that atomizer quality and battery strength are very important for good vapor production. A fully charged battery works way better than one that's maybe halfway run down. And you really have no way of knowing how much time is left on a battery before it needs recharging, but you'll notice the vapor starts to get weaker after a while.

Atomizers are a bit trickier to deal with because some simply work better than others. I've yet to have one die on me, but there are times where my vapor will be reduced and adding more liquid or swapping to a fresh battery doesn't help. That's when I grab a new atomizer and give the one I was using a rest (or a hot water rinse and then a rest).

Once you get the hang of vaping, you'll find you really do need to have a supply of batteries and atomizers on hand (and liquid or pre-filled cartridges). I always have two batteries charging and a couple already charged and ready to go. And I have several atomizers I rotate through.

If you do buy e-liquid (I really can't say enough good things about the service and quality of Johnson Creek smoke juice), here's what I've found works best for vapor/flavor: put enough drops into the fluff in the cartridge to fill it (very wet, but not pooling), then add 1 drop directly to the metal bridge inside the atomizer. That also really helps get rid of the nasty taste you usually experience in the first few puffs with a brand new atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread