dripper mix or tank mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
i am wondering how to go about trying to mix a few nice flavours. I have a dripper and I cannot manage higher nic than 3 or 4 mg/ml but in the evod tank I vape 12 to 18 at about 7 watts on a 20 watt Istick.

to test a small batch of juice would it be better to make 50/50 mix with four mg/ ml nic add my flavours then taste or make the juice 50 /50 at 12 mg/ml nic add flavours and use the tank or would it make much difference in actual taste either way. ( knowing the dripper is stronger)

I would prefer to not add the nic until after the flavours are as they should be but I can't seem to figure out what the ratios would be I could take 7 ml of pg add 3 ml vg then add drops say 10 drops of this and 10 drops of that or even make 5 ml pg and 5 ml vg and add my drops but once I had nic I skew the percentages perhaps it wouldn't be very noticeable to my battered 40 year smoke infused taste buds but folks here when giving ideas seem to be somewhat precise in percentage

any ideas on how to set up a reasonable taste test without the nic I have a 1000 Mls of 100mg/ml 50/50 mix nic and another tiny 30 Mls at 50 mg /ml in 100% pg juice so I guess I can waste a little but the way things are headed I figure I would have to hunt down one of those old fishermen who knew how to smuggle rum in order to get another liter across the border. any ideas would be appreciated

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
In my experience, flavours are much more expensive than nicbase. If you add a high grade - say 72mg - 50/50 nic base to your mix once you are satisfied with the flavour you will not be disturbing the vg/pg ratio and since you would actually be adding such a small amount it's hardly going to make much difference to the flavour either.

That said, my method of mixing is different to yours. When I am experimenting a new flavour I add what I envisage will be the percentage of each flavour as the number of drops into a little water. I take a sip, swirl it in my mouth and spit. Then I wait for the after taste which generally gives me a good idea of how the ejuice will turn out. If the results are not satisfactory I start over.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
In my experience, flavours are much more expensive than nicbase. If you add a high grade - say 72mg - 50/50 nic base to your mix once you are satisfied with the flavour you will not be disturbing the vg/pg ratio and since you would actually be adding such a small amount it's hardly going to make much difference to the flavour either.

That said, my method of mixing is different to yours. When I am experimenting a new flavour I add what I envisage will be the percentage of each flavour as the number of drops into a little water. I take a sip, swirl it in my mouth and spit. Then I wait for the after taste which generally gives me a good idea of how the ejuice will turn out. If the results are not satisfactory I start over.
yes I believe I read about it and actually tried it but I am so new at making the juice that I really am just stumbling around at the moment - thanks

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
What I have learned is when you design a flavor, the way your going to vape it is very important. For a long time I vaped using CE5 clero's on Ego's and my recipes were designed for them. When I moved up to a Kayfun those same recipes didnt taste right to me. I vaped a creamy tobacco recipe that I loved for 6 months in a clero but in a kayfun it was creaminess overload with no tobacco taste. Then vape it on an Orchid V4 running a .7 ohm coil at 30 watts its a whole new flavor.
What your going to have to do is decide how your going to vape when you mix up a flavor and go according to that. Do you feel like dripping, then mix up your recipe for a dripper. Do you want to run a small tank at low wattage, then mix for that. A rule of thumb that I been going by is make your recipes for what you use the most. If its a dripper or an RTA then mix for that and if you want the same flavor for a clero like a kanger pro tank II, double the flavors for the same recipe.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
What I have learned is when you design a flavor, the way your going to vape it is very important. For a long time I vaped using CE5 clero's on Ego's and my recipes were designed for them. When I moved up to a Kayfun those same recipes didnt taste right to me. I vaped a creamy tobacco recipe that I loved for 6 months in a clero but in a kayfun it was creaminess overload with no tobacco taste. Then vape it on an Orchid V4 running a .7 ohm coil at 30 watts its a whole new flavor.
What your going to have to do is decide how your going to vape when you mix up a flavor and go according to that. Do you feel like dripping, then mix up your recipe for a dripper. Do you want to run a small tank at low wattage, then mix for that. A rule of thumb that I been going by is make your recipes for what you use the most. If its a dripper or an RTA then mix for that and if you want the same flavor for a clero like a kanger pro tank II, double the flavors for the same recipe.
thank you I have sort of come to that conclusion myself I sometimes like the dripper for the stronger flavour it seems to provide and I sometimes like the tank for the more fullness ( if that makes any sense at all) and I often use the nautilaus mini for the ease of use and because I like the cute little metal cage . I do thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread