DNA 30 mod questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug_xx2

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Penn Yan, ny
ok guys I have been looking at this tutorial for the dna 20 which should be the same except for using 6A fuses or so I have been told.

And...

I had a few questions

I am currently working on a my dna 30 mod and I was looking at the tutorial pdf mamu posted a link for on breaktru.com for the dna 20 mod. ----> http://www.howder.com/milo-dna20d.pdf

First question

Is it safe for the screen to be taped to the board of the DNA 30 in the manner shown (t will not heat up enough to ruin it)?

Second
The spec sheet I have for the 30 calls for 20 gauge wire on the battery and output and 24 gauge as the ideal but then gives ranges with a minimum and maximum size.

Minimum size Recommended size Maximum size
Battery 22 gauge 20 gauge 20 gauge
Output 24 gauge 20 gauge 20 gauge
Charger, if used 26 gauge 24 gauge 20 gauge
Potentiometer, if used 28 gauge 24 gauge 20 gauge
Switches, if used 28 gauge 24 gauge 20 gauge

I happen to have 22 gauge solid and twisted strand wire on hand. Will I have problems with that size? I do see the spec sheet says that the minimum battery wire should be 22 gauge and the minimum output size should be 24 gauge. I know I am within the tolerances listed but should I be concerned about being on the bottom end of the sizes required for output and battery wiring?

Third
I am using two VTC4 18650's wired in parallel. They are good to 30 Amps and 3.7V and have 2200mAh each. Will they be OK for this build in that configuration?

Fourth
Do you know if the DNA charging board will be sufficient to charge them both?

Finally
I am a little confused are you supposed to be fusing the red wire on the usb charger circuit or the red wire going from the battery to the dna board (and why two fuses in series like that?)

Thanks in advance for the help

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
First : No issues with any of my dna's display being glued to the board...many use double sided tape....

Second: I have used 22 guage on all my dna's....I only vape at 8.4-9.3 watts....if you are going to vape 20 watts/30watts I'd go with the recommended size or the maximum size...

Third: Yep those are Sony batteries as I remember...many modders recommend them...if using battery holders the Kestone battery holders are recommended by many modders say they have a lower resistance and good battery contacts........ http://www.keyelco.com/product.cfm/Surface-Mount/1048P/product_id/13959

Fourth: No issue with the charger board and parallel batteries...charging time will be longer for 2 batteries...

Finally: here is a link about fusing....may answer all your questions.. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...g-appropriate-fuse-your-mod.html#post11996664

Last edited:

Doug_xx2

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Penn Yan, ny
yes she did I had posted in both places as I was hoping to get it together last night and I didn't know I would get an answer on your forum so quickly. I was a bit impatient.

By th way she is calling for 2x 6a 16v ptc self resetting fuse but if I were to want to wire the thing up in the box and use it a little while I was waiting for my fuses to come in the mail could I use two 5 a mini car fuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread