Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
94 days vaping,curios how many days did you smoke?
I smoked for 35 years. I'll quit vaping in 29 years. maybe. Probably not. I like it.

I vaped about 45mg-60mg/day this past year. I vape 15ml-20ml day. It's how I do.
When I smoked people told me I should cut down. I never cut down any activity. I do what I do the way I do it or I don't do it all. I drank how I drank, I smoked how I smoked, I vape how I vape.
I chain vape. I recently dropped from 3mg to 2mg to keep my BP lower.
I already chain vaped so now I vape the same frequency but get 2/3 the nicotine. Lower BP.

I'll quit vaping when my 3 gallons of 100mg run out. Or not. I like vaping and it's ~95% less harmful than smoking so why would I quit? Maybe I'll quit when I can't afford the $25/month it costs me&mrs. or not. whatever.

I'd recommend getting used to being a non smoker before quitting vaping :2c:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I've gotta post to follow.

If someone has the magic path, I'm all in. Vaping's great, compared to smoking, but I plan on quitting one day myself. Who needs an unnecessary habit?

But then, no one had the magic path for quitting smokes - too individual. We can all chime in with advice (and it can't hurt), but I'm guessing over 99.9999 percent of replies are going to be from people still vaping, so........
Exactly. I don't think there would be many posters who quit vaping still actively posting here.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Reality check.

If any of these suggestions really worked, you could have quit smoking using the same.

That's the dirty little secret of vaping. We haven't quit anything. We just switched from tobacco to VG and PG. You're still behaviorally addicted to inhaling something. Nicotine addiction isn't as powerful as people think. If that were true, we would all be quitting cigarettes with the patch and have 100% success.

And anyone that disagrees with the above will be using typical addict responses.

Address that mental addiction if you want to quit.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Reality check.

If any of these suggestions really worked, you could have quit smoking using the same.

That's the dirty little secret of vaping. We haven't quit anything. We just switched from tobacco to VG and PG. You're still behaviorally addicted to inhaling something. Nicotine addiction isn't as powerful as people think. If that were true, we would all be quitting cigarettes with the patch and have 100% success.

And anyone that disagrees with the above will be using typical addict responses.

Address that mental addiction if you want to quit.

You are correct about psychological addiction but for many the physical addiction to nicotine is also powerful.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
You have all the answers. I'll leave you be.

@Toronnah is obviously an addict because they have all the answers. Despite the new myths of nicotine, it is undisputed fact that it is quite physically addictive on its own, read some journal articles Toronnah. Now is addiction a bad thing, that is the question.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I one million percent don't care what party tricks a person can or cannot do with their nic. Go forth and prosper and etc.

I ONLY care what I do with MY nic. Let me tell you, the idea of "tolerance breaks" for my nic gives me the heebie jeebies. No thank you. I vape less than I did in the beginning, but my nic remains about the same.

I would get al cranky with you, but there a millions oh probably billions of folks who don't consider the concept of addiction to be shameful/wrong. It's just fine by me.

After I quit smoking (my last big death addiction) I was like, "I don't care if I remain addicted to the rest, LOL mainly diet Pepsi) for the rest of my life.

Nic also has benefits, benefits I really like, since Alzheimer's runs in my family. I will attempt to quit nic if and when my doctor says I have to, not before. Fortunately she is pretty intelligent.

Anna

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I one million percent don't care what party tricks a person can or cannot do with their nic. Go forth and prosper and etc.

I ONLY care what I do with MY nic. Let me tell you, the idea of "tolerance breaks" for my nic gives me the heebie jeebies. No thank you. I vape less than I did in the beginning, but my nic remains about the same.

I would get al cranky with you, but there a millions oh probably billions of folks who don't consider the concept of addiction to be shameful/wrong. It's just fine by me.

After I quit smoking (my last big death addiction) I was like, "I don't care if I remain addicted to the rest, LOL mainly diet Pepsi) for the rest of my life.

Nic also has benefits, benefits I really like, since Alzheimer's runs in my family. I will attempt to quit nic if and when my doctor says I have to, not before. Fortunately she is pretty intelligent.

Anna

I'm addicted to coffee, nicotine and sleeping pills however they all have a positive effect on my well being. If that changes I will consider giving it up. Quality of life is important.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
@Toronnah is obviously an addict because they have all the answers. Despite the new myths of nicotine, it is undisputed fact that it is quite physically addictive on its own, read some journal articles Toronnah. Now is addiction a bad thing, that is the question.

Why is the patch about 2% effective and not 90%?

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Why is the patch about 2% effective and not 90%?

Because you have to give up lol. That's why vaping works because you don't. Most vapers continue to use nicotine. I gave up cigarettes before I started to vape. Nicotine has positive effects for me. Nicotine and 'addiction' is not the enemy.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Nobody's gonna be right here - because the medical definition of "addictive" or addiction is subjective in and of itself.

But it is a fact that without the combustion of tobacco, nicotine is not very addictive. In fact, there are almost no studies in existence that show it to be addictive without tobacco. Some studies show that it's almost impossible to get lab subjects addicted. However, if a human thinks he's addicted- by definition, he is.

And like many others, I believe nic to be on a par with caffeine. All recent research points to the fact that in moderate consumption, there can be many health benefits of nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread