Cotton bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezrein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Oregon
Hey guys just wanted to do a post about my experience with this wicking material. It's basically pure cotton strips about half inch wide by 3 inch long. They're super easy to work with, separate out how much you need, wick and cut. They absorb fluid, in my mind at least, better than organic cotton, and only have a very very slight off taste for about the first two or three vapes. Otherwise they preform wonderfully. Of course your taste may vary but for 6 bucks for a re sealable package of ten which should easily do 150 wicks? I'm sold

Sent while on the move with Tapatalk

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
If only they gave a bacon taste to each vape...aahhh, a man can dream.

agreed...this is a stupid product if you call it bacon and there is no actual bacon. what is cotton bacon grease like then? can i cook my eggs in it? it's all a sham, and i must drink moar booze to forget this atrocity!

Mezrein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Oregon
agreed...this is a stupid product if you call it bacon and there is no actual bacon. what is cotton bacon grease like then? can i cook my eggs in it? it's all a sham, and i must drink moar booze to forget this atrocity!

Hahahaha. Sue for false advertisement! My wife said it reminded her of....... Pads..... Hahahahhaha

Mezrein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Oregon
Thought I'd give a 5 day update on this. With organic cotton from walgreens I'm normally changing the wick as it starts producing very little vapor due to buildup. I run 100% vg in this tank. As it sits right now, it's the same flavor and vapor production as when I put the wick in. So all in all, I'm happy.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
It sounds like they are just repackaging the Japanese organic cotton pads.
^ +1
Could be CVS Sterile rolled cotton pulled apart into many layers. Good Marketing scheme. Take something that's sold; repackage it; give it catchy name, and serve it to people on a different platter. ;)

Paradicio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Altadena, CA
^ +1
Could be CVS Sterile rolled cotton pulled apart into many layers. Good Marketing scheme. Take something that's sold; repackage it; give it catchy name, and serve it to people on a different platter. ;)

Not sure about all that. What I DO know is the flavor out of this stuff is better than what I was getting out of my regular organic cotton. I've got one Kayfun amd one Atty wicked with the stuff. Not sure if I'm quite sold on a more expensive, not as readily available, alternative to organic cotton. But, the flavor is definately better.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
It's all about the rayon. Doubt this stuff outperforms the 40 feet of rayon coil I picked up for a few bucks.

Seems similar to the G-plat hype - it's actually just a standard type of welding wire bought in bulk and sold at around 2000% markup.

Vape world's full of entrepreneurs like that. Local brick and mortar vape shops here sell 10 feet Kanthal A1 at $7, when I got 100ft from Amazon for under $6.

Mikepresjr

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2014
Claremore, OK
It's all about the rayon. Doubt this stuff outperforms the 40 feet of rayon coil I picked up for a few bucks.

Seems similar to the G-plat hype - it's actually just a standard type of welding wire bought in bulk and sold at around 2000% markup.

Vape world's full of entrepreneurs like that. Local brick and mortar vape shops here sell 10 feet Kanthal A1 at $7, when I got 100ft from Amazon for under $6.

That is 100% true, the B&M I normally go to sells it for a dollar per foot. It's ridiculous, also picked up 100ft off of amazon for 5.29 I think.

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
I'm now a cotton bacon fanboy, hell I'm a cotton bacon junky. I bought two packages when it first came out a few months ago like the second time it was in stock. When it came in it looked like a lil package and I wasn't sure about it. So then I pulled some out and I was blown away by the quality of this cotton, I didn't know cotton could have this quality.

I have been using it since then and barely put a dent in the first package, it lasts forever there's so many wicks worth of cotton on one strip, and there's almost no waste like at all.

I have used triple boiled and rinsed organic cotton balls from walgreens (used daily for a long time) and also Cellucotton (wasn't my thing, still have 499 feet under the bed) and Japanese cotton, sephora sheseido and koh-gen-do and muji Japanese cotton from Amazon just to name a few.

Cotton Bacon is one of the cheapest per wick when you figure lifespan and how high quality every strand in the bag is. But IMO it's the best quality and performance too. When you feel it in your hand, it screams high end, luxury cotton wicks even though you think there's no such thing. When you run it across your tongue you say "OMG look how it wicks" and when you vape it, you think "OMG I can't taste my wick. It's only juice, it's like there's not a wick but there's clouds everywhere tasting good for days"

I hope Cotton Bacon has charged enough to keep their business going because I can't go back to anything else, I'm hooked. If I wasn't so broke I'd buy it and mail some to everyone, it's that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread