Copper Mod Maintenaince

Status
Not open for further replies.

elee86

Jun 7, 2014
Winty City
Hello everyone.

Just wanted to hear some opinions from others with copper mechanical mods.

Do you let your mod just naturally patina or do you clean and polish it? From what I've read so far on ECF, Mothers mag seem to work the best and its not as abrasive.

So just wanted to hear from yall if you let it patina naturally, or if you clean it, how often do you clean/polish and what do you use?

Thanks!

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
i only clean the threads and the inside of my switch. first with a little WD-40 on a light soft cloth. then i wipe the the parts i am cleaning with alcohol . i do this every 3 days with ones i use heavily and every 5 days for light to moderate use. you get to where it takes about 10 minutes each and they work like fresh out of the box. gotta love copper.

elee86

Jun 7, 2014
Winty City
So went out and picked up some Nevr-Dull for my copper mod. All I gotta say is wow.. thing is shiny.

Then I decided to clean my brushed brass mod, hoping it wouldnt ruin the brushed finish and lo and behold it didn't!

Thanks for your guys responses!

IMG_2231.jpg

I am going to let this copper mod patina for a while tho. I did like how it was looking.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Thanks for the quick responses. Lets say I let it patina for for months, I can use some polish to get it back to original? Sorry for the nooby question.

Yes. Provided you dont have heavy oxidation that has started to form pits in the surface a simple clean up job will return it to looking good as new.

Mothers metal polish on the copper Nemmy.
Patina = oxidation
If you do let a patina build, keep the joints and threads clean so you don't experience voltage drop.

This.

AI clean and noalox my threads. Thats it.
I love the look of aged copper and brass

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread