Compact tool kit for working on RBAs while out and about

Status
Not open for further replies.

cghildreth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Central Texas
I have made the switch and now use exclusively RBAs. Unfortunately, I've got RBAs that have metric hex socket screws, SAE hex socket screws, phillips head screws, and even one that uses slotted screws. I am a bit tired of carrying around a sizable tool pouch that has an extensive selection of tools just in case I need to rescue an rba from non-vaping hell.

I've contemplated cutting down allen keys so that they would fit in a pill bottle, but haven't found a good solution for the screwdrivers. I've got a small lighter and a small pair of tweezers (from an eyeglass repair kit - the screw driver is slotted, but too long to fit in the pill bottle) that would fit in the pill bottle along with some spare wick, kanthal, small syringe, and filling needle. The pill bottle looks a bit ghetto though next to some of my high dollar atties and mods. :)

Has anyone else experienced this frustration and found a good solution? While we're discussing storage solutions, what do y'all use for carrying around your PV's?

meatsneakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
NYC
I throw a small point and shoot camera pouch in my laptop bag which holds all the stuff for rebuilding: tweezers, mini scissors, small spool of Kanthal, bit of mesh, mini screw driver, an extra drip tip, juice and a mini DUD in case I break my main RBA. It's small and I can rebuild an atty from scratch.

May not be feasible if you don't have a messenger/laptop bag. In that case a pill bottle on a keychain is probably the smallest you can go and still be useful.

edit: http://www.caselogic.com/en-us/us/p...ultra-compact-camera-case-_-tbc_-_301_-_black

Last edited:

Euphonious Nonsense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Sad to say this goes with me everywhere. lolz.

20130412_220452.jpg

CaydenChance

Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
California
A small fishing box for lures might work out for you.
They have multiple compartments that are big enough for the tools, e-liquid, spare battery, etc.
I have one that I use, but its still not quite pocket friendly for out and about.

BassPro has more pictures of the blue one
2Sided Small Blue Tackle Box.jpg

Edit: The green Measures 4 1/2" l. x 3" w. x 1 1/4" h so it might actually work for your pocket.
2Sided Small Green Tackle Box.jpg

Last edited:

Satava

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Here's my PV and spare parts kit.
View attachment 198993

lol, glad to see I'm not the only one hauling an IGO-L as a backup. Little thing is darn near indestructable with a silica wick on it.

I'll also have a Natural+RSST as backup devices by the end of the week.

Personally I converted a CD/DVD wallet to a mod holder. Vaultz brand, 64 disc case. I keep tweezers, mini phillips, nail scissors, premade wicks in a 6ml sample bottle, a 1ft length of silica, some 30awg kanthal rolled on a piece of cardboard, some safety pins, a mini butane torch lighter.

It has room for the repair stuff as well as my gear: Vamo+AGA-T2, Natural+RSST & IGO-L, Ego+IGOs & DCT & Vision CE3, 4x 18350, 2x 18650, 2x 15ml Needle Tip, 2x 15ml Droppers, 6 XL Carts, Ego Cone, and a little 2.5x2.5 inch area for misc stuff like extra drip tips a cart punch and some extra CE3 heads.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Definitely not pocket friendly, but it does an amazing job at keeping everything organized. Need to add a small box (possibly battery box) to hold some spare wire & the likes.
CameraZOOM-20130412103925288.jpg

Maxpedition Fatty Organizer

Faxed in on the Mojo Wire

Me likey! That looks like a camping or bugout kit.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Definitely not pocket friendly, but it does an amazing job at keeping everything organized. Need to add a small box (possibly battery box) to hold some spare wire & the likes.
CameraZOOM-20130412103925288.jpg

Maxpedition Fatty Organizer

Faxed in on the Mojo Wire

Looks nice! I have a multi-tip screwdriver (all the tips hide in the handle) that I have with me 95% of the time I'm out of the house. And 2 business cards taped together (on 3 sides) that I keep ~meter each of 32ga & 30ga and a 45mmx70mm square of torched #500 mesh inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread