Coils Micros Wraps Gauge Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tg123

May 31, 2013
nc
i started the rebuildable thing maybe a week or 2 ago i have a aga-td dual coil now if i wrap 8 wraps on each coil i end up with about 1.7 to 1.8 ohms which is perfect for me but i can not wrap a single coil to save my life i just went through about a foot of 32 gauge with nothing to show i done as explained here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/446263-micro-coils-ohms-description-12.html i done 10 wraps of 32 gauge on a picture hanging nail about the size of a 2mm silica wick and i got .8 ohms how is that? i have 32 gauge 26 and 30 i think the 26 and 30 came from got vapes other came from ebay can anyone help me with this i thought the more wraps ment more resistance so how would i have .8 ohms with 10 wraps of 32 gauge?

jkais3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Mankato, MN, USA
Some of mine have jumped all over as I used them. Didn't matter how pretty they looked. But I tried to straighten out the legs that go into the posts and that worked, like make them as horizontal as possible, don't slope. If you mess around moving them a while maybe it will stabilize out?

I think with 10 wraps you should get about 2.6ish ohms, I just did some dual coils with 32 awg and 11 wraps micro coil came up to 2.8 ohms each.

tg123

May 31, 2013
nc
using a ohm reader not sure what its called little black box with a 510 ego and 808 connection to check atomizers and i just done 12 wraps for a .6 and 4 wraps for a .8 ( both 32 gauge) its crazy even threw it on my itaste and ego v3 mega and it wouldnt even read it v3 just blinked low and the box reads all my other coils right just trying to build a single coils is hard for some reason also i was trying to rebuild a protank coil because the aga td top where u build i can only get it off every couple of days i dont know why its so hard to take off

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
4 wraps of 32g will hit about a 2Ω coil for me around 1/8"/3mm silica wick. I'm not really sure how you are getting such low readings unless your wire has been mislabelled or you have problems in your RBA.

Do you have another RBA to try them on? The Ohms will jump only if they are not screwed down tightly - when i screw my post screws down i look at the 'leg' of the coil and when it lifts - i know i have a connection.

Try a silica or cotton build to rule out a short from ss mesh if that is what you are using as a wick.

T

tg123

May 31, 2013
nc
see thast the problem i have a aga td and its IMPOSSIBLE to get the top off i have changed the coils a couple times learning but now it wont come off and if i try to hard i hear the tank cracking and my other rba is mounted to a battery case thats why im trying to get my ohms right before i put the coil on the rba thats fixed to case so nothing goes wrong also i have tried micro and regular that was why there was a difference in the wraps and i use cotton but i usually fire coils before wicking them make sure they are burning evenly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread