Chrome Lavatube Extension Cap + One Big Voltage Issue + Lavatube Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugsy

Mar 30, 2009
Nottingham, UK
Hiya,

I may have posted this in the Veterans Forum but it didn't seem to appear but then I found this forum! Sorry if I have a lot to ask here but I'll try and keep them in three seperatesections.

1. I need help as my new Lavatube will not work properly with the batteries Ihave. I bought the Lavatube and batteries in tandem from ECIGWIZARD and so thebatteries are the recommended ones. If I increase the voltage of the Lavatubeto over 4.1 volts the lavatube just cuts out and I have to reinsert the batteryto get the Lavatube going again. This is so annoying and never happens with myfull size Lavatube. So with the mini I can only vape up to 4.1v : ( . Any suggestions? Is the mini Lavatube faulty or thebatteries to blame?

2. Apart from this I have a mountain of very good bigger batteries which I usein my full size Lavatube. My dream scenario here is that someone can direct meto ANYONE, ANYWHERE to get hold of an extension cap to use my full sizebatteries in my mini Lavatube? Or to ANYONE, ANYWHERE who could make one forme? I live in Nottingham, UK and I can't find a machining/tooling shop whichwould be interested in helping as they are all massive steel fabricatingbusinesses. I've searched the threads in the forums about possible extension caps forthe mini Lavatube but they all end up incompletely answered.

3. I have an old full size Lavatube and the end ( which holds the thread toinsert the cartomizer into ) fell off when I dropped it and the two wires, fromthe unit to the end cap, became unsoldered from the end cap. I cannot solderfor country or self so I'm wondering is there anywhere I can send it to forrepair? I've tried local shops but the only ones around, with solderingfacilties, seem to be computer repair shops and they seem uninterested in mydilemna!

Many thanks for reading this and even many more if you can help!

Greg.

Bugsy

Mar 30, 2009
Nottingham, UK
Lol, I'm a bit sad as I'm replying to my own thread!

However I have managed to surmount the first problem I listed in my initial post. The fault lies neither with the battery nor the Lavatube itself but with the 510-510 connector I use. With this connector ( and I would imagine with many other similar ones ) the insulator on the central pin becomes dislodged and therefore there is no proper contact made between the unit and cartomizer.

After using the solution below I am now of the opinion that a really good vape depends on a smooth, reliable and clean connection when using any adapters. Once I used the solution below my vaping enjoyment increased as did the reliability factor. It is so easy to disloge the insulating grommet on the central pin in the adapter it would be a wse precaution to keep on checking it.

Solution :

Push out central pin in adapter and remove any loose insulating material.

Clean the central pin with alcohol and just wind a small bit of eletrical insulating tape around the pin for a very snug, and not too thick, fit ( cut the tape to size and make sure both ends of the pin are free from any tape, so as contact can happen ).

Reinsert the central pin into the adapter housing. It doesn't matter if the pin is loose as this will help it find a proper contact level during use. Of course be careful when removing the adapter as the pin may fall out but during use it should be safe. The pin should not be too loose to avoid any chance of shorting.

I hope this can help anyone with similar problems and I do believe that these adapters are not as robust as they should be, given that they cost about £3 each.

Cheers,

Greg.

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
As far as re-soldering the connections goes, I'd say fuggedaboudit . The ground is easy, but the positive is almost impossible due to the little insulator between the pin and the cap. It'll just melt, and that'll be that.

Of course maybe someone's found a workaround, and if so I'd love to see it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread