Cartomizer or cart recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgypsy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Southern California
I'm looking to add to my arsenal. I've got the Ego-T (love it when it works, but takes finessing), a LR 510 atty, and a couple Ego mega-atty. I like a lot of flavor & vapor, but not a lot of TH (dripping seems to give me too much TH). Recommendations for cartomizers and/or carts to use with my current attys? I've been looking at the Fluxomizers, CE2, blue foam mods to existing carts .... but figured I'd put it out to those who've tried things rather than buying blind.

THnCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
C/S
I just got the COV Map tank and it is working well so far. Only reason to buy the CE2 Fluxomizers is for replacements for the Map Tank!! Taste is great and a lot of vapor. I have the 2.8 ohm and running it off an EGO battery. My second runner up is the XL Joye Cartomizers, that is what I was using before I got the map tank.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Are you using an LR atty? That makes the hit harder and hotter.

Try some standard resistance cartos (i.e not LR, not low resistance). Try the standard Boge soft-cap cartomizers for 510 at LiteCigUSA.net and if they are out of those then try the SLB standard soft-caps.

I would not fool around with Fluxomizers first. But if you do buy them you have to get the special syringe kit for filling them because if you don't, then you have to remove the inner seals to fill them and they are hard to get back in right.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
I would not fool around with Fluxomizers first. But if you do buy them you have to get the special syringe kit for filling them because if you don't, then you have to remove the inner seals to fill them and they are hard to get back in right.

Better to just pull seal and replace upside down. Wick better and easy to pull out to fill.

bruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
Louisville, KY
There appears to be two attys called the Mega. One is the same size as the regular atty, only longer. The other is the one that's almost as big as the eGo battery. There is also the Mega cartomizer for the eGo. You can get both from My Freedom Smokes. Discount code is smoke. Both of the Mega's hold about 2 ml of juice and are regular resistance. You might try these, although the large Mega atty might give to much TH when dripping even though it is not LR.

Get the eGo mega cartomizers, you won't be disappointed. For vapor and flavor, the best of 8 different cartos's i've tried in the last month.
My personal favorites are the Boge 2.0 carto's, but they give more of a throat hit, also they drink alot.:)
Joye 510 carto's were really nice too but gave a larger throat hit.
The BE510 3.3's are perfectly acceptable but the soft cap Boge's beat them for simplicity of use.
If you really must try the cool looking CE2's I would stick to the 2.8 or 3.0 versions to minimize TH. I tried the 2.6 and 3.0.
I also tried the Boge 3.0 and found them to be a little airy unless you really control your drag. I suspect they would benefit greatly from a VV mod.

As always, vaping is extremely subjective and each users experience cannot be substituted.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Newbie here ... what's a VV mod?

VV stands for variable voltage, so it's an e-cig that's designed so that the user can adjust the voltage to suit whichever atomizer/juice/whatever that they are currently vaping with. I think one way that they can do this is by making it so that it will take either one lower voltage battery (put a rechargeable battery in it like you would in a flashlight) or you can use two lower volt (shorter in length of course) batteries thereby doubling their voltage.

for example, put in one 3.7v battery or two 3v batteries (raising the volts to 6v)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread