Brass & SS Polish Questions?? Thanks In Advance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuginazole

VAPOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
DALLAS
I have had my SS GGTS going on 3 weeks now and I have noticed that the shine on the Brass top and bottom caps and now my Brass teliscope that I got about a week ago, is now extremely dull and almost no shine.. My question $ main concern is, can this be polished back to the original shine or is it lost forever, and If it can be polished back to original condition, what is the best polish for it? I have Brasso at the house for other aplications but I dont want to use it on the GG yet without being sure...... Also is there a polish that will work for the brass as well as the Stainless Steel? I would like to find one that is less abrasive than others if I can........ Thank you in advance for any help I can get on this!!!!!!

Fuginazole

VAPOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
DALLAS
Mothers is a good product for both.

Thanks, Ill check It out... I think I remember hearing Mothers is a really good one for both....Has anyone used Weiman Metal Polish?? It says it is safe for almost all metals... I also have some of that here but, Like The Brasso I have as well, I dont want to use it untill I know its safe... I just want to buy whatever the best polish is....

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
This is an item I was recommended to use by a friend who has a jewelry shop. I have been using it on my brass pieces the last few weeks and I have to say it does seem less abrasive than more commonly known products like Brasso. They claim it will not affect even clear-coat on metal and doesn't require buffing but I still buff by hand the brass parts and they are so bright it will almost blind you! :lol:

Mr. Metal

I still prefer Mother's for all around use on all my gear. :thumbs:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Right now I use Autosol or Flitz liquid as the liquids have less abrasive and Imeo suggests Autosol for the contact points. However, this looks great Major - thanks. Going to have to get some of this for the brass on the SSGGTS. Sounds like a great product w/out any abrasives.

This is an item I was recommended to use by a friend who has a jewelry shop. I have been using it on my brass pieces the last few weeks and I have to say it does seem less abrasive than more commonly known products like Brasso. They claim it will not affect even clear-coat on metal and doesn't require buffing but I still buff by hand the brass parts and they are so bright it will almost blind you! :lol:

Mr. Metal

I still prefer Mother's for all around use on all my gear. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread