Tor R

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Good initiative.
    I hope we can have a glowing thread around this.

I myself haven't gotten further than an Atmizoo VapeSnail with two SnailTanks.
    mods, I'm going to wait until I become a very lucky Norwegian, have found myself an AIO with Dicodes Extreme v3 chipset, the problem is that there are many who want it, and that few are produced.
    And I want a flower theme and SS, it won't be easy.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    My stormtrooper BXR arrived today from 3Fvape.
    Feels nice to hold, chip fires fast and the quality of the finish is good but has some rattle in the fire button. Battery cap threads are smooth and the door is tight. No play at all.
    Overall first impression is excellent, especially for a USD$55 mod.

With the side and front inlets, the air is more open than any of my other boro mods including the Boxx.

20220826_130333.jpg

It's smaller than I thought it would be. Here it is with the delro for comparison.

20220826_130746.jpg

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
    Received the black SXK DNA 60 Ion Box the other day. Overall, it shares the same excellent QC as the silver version I have, with the exception of the clear door panel having some play present. In comparison, my silver version's clear panel fits perfectly.

The DNA 60 is functioning well, and performing as expected. I threw in a tank which was included with an SXK Supbox that takes RPM type coils. The coil installed is spec'd at 0.6, and reading on the money in the Ion Box:

IMG_20220827_082942.jpg

Last edited:

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    My stormtrooper BXR arrived today from 3Fvape.
    Feels nice to hold, chip fires fast and the quality of the finish is good but has some rattle in the fire button. Battery cap threads are smooth and the door is tight. No play at all.
    Overall first impression is excellent, especially for a USD$55 mod.

With the side and front inlets, the air is more open than any of my other boro mods including the Boxx.

View attachment 979221

It's smaller than I thought it would be. Here it is with the delro for comparison.

View attachment 979222
    Looks sexy in black and white, I can visualize a small storm trooper logo below the door for sure...

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    Any pics of the tank a coil set-up? Ive been looking for an affordable J-tank, A-tank, or F-tank replica but no luck. Looking to try a bridjg but no luck finding an affordable. Set-up that cost lest than the actual mod. Contacted FastTech to see if they can get the A- tank reproduced in colors..Trying to learn ecf all over again on the web as my tapatalk isnt working...
    Received the black SXK DNA 60 Ion Box the other day. Overall, it shares the same excellent QC as the silver version I have, with the exception of the clear door panel having some play present. In comparison, my silver version's clear panel fits perfectly.

The DNA 60 is functioning well, and performing as expected. I threw in a tank which was included with an SXK Supbox that takes RPM type coils. The coil installed is spec'd at 0.6, and reading on the money

Reactions: Pigs

Technonut

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
    Any pics of the tank a coil set-up? Ive been looking for an affordable J-tank, A-tank, or F-tank replica but no luck.

The tank I'm using which accepts SMOK RPM type coils is currently in-stock at FT:

I'll try to grab a pic of it in the Ion Box later today. I noticed awhile back that the SXK A-tanks vanished, but luckily, I managed to purchase a few while available. I enjoy Atlantis type coils once in awhile (especially Vaporesso CCells), and have a huge stash of them put back.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    I did that thing today, I rolled up two pieces of straw mesh and threw it in the boxer with an alien coil. I was really craving tabacco notes being that gold leaf accapulco has vanished of the face of the earth. A shame being that it was the best tabacco mixture I've tasted in the 10 years I've been vaping.
    Anyway the Creamy RY4 Butterscotch Reserve is spot on with this set up. Even with the
    20220829_202656.jpg
    leaking on the boxxer, its worth it

Technonut

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
    I wonder if the old trick of a tiny strip of Sellotape applied to one corner of the door or doorframe would help with that?

I was thinking along those lines... I may try to take some clear packing tape of good quality, and cover the entire back of the panel, trimming for the air intake of course...

Reactions: Pigs

Technonut

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    Update: I'm really liking the the Bxr clone I recently received. Ive tried a few Diffrent Attys in it with no flooding and little condensation. Im definitely Impressed with the design so much that I want one or two more for the rotation.

Feels good in the hand and pocket being that its a tad bigger than a pack of cigs. Hits well with the stainless on stainless negative connector. Also I noticed very little of the black stuff that builds around the negative nut with aluminum. "I dont remember what is called" but I hate it. Sometimes I wonder if Im sucking it up in the condensation of my driptip so that a plus. Im waiting to beat it up a lil to crack it open and see if chip swaps are possible just in case it go's bad. Thats just the tinkering In me...
    If anyone has broken one down and has the info please post it with pictures. All information is good information.

20220901_174213.jpg
    20220901_174527.jpg

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Update: I'm really liking the the Bxr clone I recently received. Ive tried a few Diffrent Attys in it with no flooding and little condensation. Im definitely Impressed with the design so much that I want one or two more for the rotation.

Feels good in the hand and pocket being that its a tad bigger than a pack of cigs. Hits well with the stainless on stainless negative connector. Also I noticed very little of the black stuff that builds around the negative nut with aluminum. "I dont remember what is called" but I hate it. Sometimes I wonder if Im sucking it up in the condensation of my driptip so that a plus. Im waiting to beat it up a lil to crack it open and see if chip swaps are possible just in case it go's bad. Thats just the tinkering In me...
    If anyone has broken one down and has the info please post it with pictures. All information is good information.

View attachment 979856 View attachment 979858
    You can upgrade to a DNA for sure. Check this guy's soldering skills - scary.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    SXK ION BOX - finish is flawless. I bought the SEVO 70 version.
    Really enjoying the feel of this mod - it's very small and comfortable.
    I read some FT discussions saying there were problems with connections between the battery and the board. I.e. wiring or soldering.

So far mine fires fast and hard. Resistance reading is very solid. Based on the one I have, I'd say get one while you can.

The transparent door that came with mine is tight/no rattles but the smoked black one I bought is a bit loose.

20220902_170257.jpg

20220902_165936.jpg

Technonut

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
    Regarding the SXK Ion Box.......... I ran across some pertinent operational info awhile back that I posted on the FT forums, which should also be posted here:

Heads Up On Battery Door Installation / Removal

I was watching one of the few reviews out there on the original Ionbox, and caught this in the comments:

Man, you must loosen up the flush nut of ION to extract the cover of the battery, if you continuous extracting as the video you will break the battery cover, the sense of this cover is obtain the maximum conductivity when you squeeze the nut, be carefully with this or you will break it soon…

Looking closely at my SXK clone, indeed the battery door did tighten-up some when installed with the flush nut loose, then tightened. Just a heads-up for others out there... I know that I won't be removing / replacing the battery door without first loosening the flush nut in the future. I'm just glad that I caught this right after my device arrived... ;)

Bottom line: To obtain the best conductivity / ground connection for the device, be sure to loosen the flush nut before removing the battery door, and then re-tighten it after the battery door is replaced.

The DNA 60 is sensitive to connection issues while running temp protection, and I'm pleased to report that both my silver and black SXK Ion Boxes are reading resistance correctly, and functioning well in temp protection with no need to lock the resistance, allowing Evolv's refinement process to make adjustments.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks @Technonut . I'd happened on that post in the FT discussions and have been doing that since I got mine. Also, if I don't loosen the flush nut, I can barely open the battery door. Loosen it and the door slides off easily. It's no problem- I just think of them as being two interconnected parts of the same assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread