Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
What are the best options for 'tank' systems? I'm using various devices, all with 510 connections. I'm getting sick of dripping, and am having lousy luck with atomizers.

Are there any new designs of cartridges that I can use with regular 510 attys that work without the polyfill, etc or how about the new design cartos?

Basically looking for the best option to use with standard 510 connections, can offer the best vapor/flavor production, and most importantly, NO DRY BURNS! Seriously getting sick of that the most... :)

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I ordered the wife some 510 "tank" cartridges (no filler). Just got them yesterday so the jury is still out, but they seem to work well (no leaks and wick properly) and hold a LOT more juice. I got them from Breezesmokes.com for $3.99 for a 2 pack.

510 Clear Tank Cartridge 2-Pack is what they call them.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
I ordered the wife some 510 "tank" cartridges (no filler). Just got them yesterday so the jury is still out, but they seem to work well (no leaks and wick properly) and hold a LOT more juice. I got them from Breezesmokes.com for $3.99 for a 2 pack.

510 Clear Tank Cartridge 2-Pack is what they call them.

So those work with regular 510 atomizers?

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
http://http://www.breezesmokes.com/home.php?cat=11

It says they are 510 tanks--version 1 needs filler--version 2 not so much.

I've been pretty happy with ego tank -- both regular & LR atty. But, part of what is so great is the longer life and bigger battery.

The options on the link above do look worth a try if you want the slim line look!

Last edited:

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
still requires dry burning.... however the CE2's are cheap enough to be considered disposable, but since I dry burn mine daily, I cant imagine changing out the CE2 daily and throwing it away.

I was going to recommend the MAP tank, but the OP wants nothing to do with dry burning, which really leaves the OP with disposable options when performance decreases?

For the record, I LOVE my map and the daily clean and dry burn takes 5 mins max, the CE2's last a long time, and the flavor and performance cant be beat. But it does require a dry burn!

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Bit of mis-communication here... I meant as in when the juice runs dry and you get that nasty dry burn taste. In other words, I don't want something that is too susceptible to running out of juice quickly. I've tasted enough burnt attys to last a life time!

I think the CE2 v4 are worth checking out, I'll start with those.

I've seen the MAP tanks, they're awfully bulky looking. I don't think I'd like to use that in public.

Last edited:

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
I use my MAP tank on my eGo batt and at first I thought it was a bit odd looking, but when I showed up to work with it and the guys in the office looked at it and said "That looks soooooo cool!", I felt much better about it :) I vape it all the time now, my eGo-T's are for potential converts.

Bottom line, go with the MAP tank then. Fill it once a day if you vape 5mls or less and yer good to go.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
So those work with regular 510 atomizers?

The ones I got have a *very* small filler in a chamber at the bottom (don't know which version it is). So far, they have worked quite well, much better capacity than a similar sized cart, and you can see how much juice is left in the tank.

They fit the standard 510 atomizer, so the atomizer may still require a burn occasionally, but no burnt "taste" with these since you can see what's left and never vape it dry.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
I have some CE2 v4 cartos on the way, so I'll try them out.

I think something like a MAP is the way to go, however I don't like the size of them. Does anyone make/sell something that has a smaller diameter? Something that's no thicker than the Precise P16. It would be nice to find one to use with my incoming P10 as well.

Perhaps I should attempt to make something myself, maybe utilizing either the parts from one of the CE2s, or maybe of the 'genesis' design.

I just don't like the homemade look of the MAP. I'd like something with stainless steel as a housing, with a small window to see the juice. Am I being too picky? You betcha! ;)

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
the fantasy vaporware "Eclipse" is coming soon...but have you seen the vapemate the bottle becomes the tank--clunky but made of metal. haven't tried it. But here's a pic of someone thinking your way:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...thread-jcmodtronics-products-coming-soon.html

IMAGE:
5542480720_b488c028f3_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5251/5542480720_b488c028f3_z.jpg

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
Nothing wrong with being picky and knowing what you want. You are however limited to what is available. The MAP tank even is not really available. They went on sale last night and were sold out within a couple hours I believe. I dont think that the Eclipse will be any different. They will manufacture X amount and the demand will X * 5 and you will wait.

If you go to the modders forum, there are a couple threads there with a few different tank mods that are pretty easily made from readily available materials.

I have some CE2 v4 cartos on the way, so I'll try them out.

I think something like a MAP is the way to go, however I don't like the size of them. Does anyone make/sell something that has a smaller diameter? Something that's no thicker than the Precise P16. It would be nice to find one to use with my incoming P10 as well.

Perhaps I should attempt to make something myself, maybe utilizing either the parts from one of the CE2s, or maybe of the 'genesis' design.

I just don't like the homemade look of the MAP. I'd like something with stainless steel as a housing, with a small window to see the juice. Am I being too picky? You betcha! ;)

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Nothing wrong with being picky and knowing what you want. You are however limited to what is available. The MAP tank even is not really available. They went on sale last night and were sold out within a couple hours I believe. I dont think that the Eclipse will be any different. They will manufacture X amount and the demand will X * 5 and you will wait.

If you go to the modders forum, there are a couple threads there with a few different tank mods that are pretty easily made from readily available materials.

Yeah, actually I saw they were in stock, but I chose not to order because I would like something with a smaller diameter, and something that looks a lil nicer.

I've been reading that super huge thread with the homemade ones, as well as that other one with those plastic pill bottles. They're a great reference for how-to's, but I'm trying to rack my brain how I can use something that will yield a more professional looking product. I don't really fancy the whole DIY look.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
the map tanks are not as ugly as you may think. Nor are they as big and bulky as you may think. I use mine on an eGo batt and it looks good. I even got a compliment on it at a restaurant one day.

So I guess if you maybe arent satisified with anything that is currently out there, or anything that you could build yourself, then your only choice is to wait for that Eclipse and pay a ton of money for it too. Good luck.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I just got a Giantomizer from clouds of vapor yesterday. They have pulled them due to some issues but I have been using mine all day and no problems. Guess I got a good one. But is metal with a window to see the juice level. I love it. Take a look at them

SterlingVapor E Cigs - Search Results for "giantomizer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread