Best battery for mech 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

abn75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
mobile, al, United States
It's called vape tool pro. You don't have to enter anything, it has a battery database, with all the specs for each
Not to be rude, but if you base things off of just what a app tells you, instead of researching, learning and taking good advice, you are doomed. We will see you soon enough as another story where you blew your battery up by using it improperly. Please take the time to learn how to safely use a mech, build coils to keep you under the safety margin of your battery, and proper battery safety.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Not to be rude, but if you base things off of just what a app tells you, instead of researching, learning and taking good advice, you are doomed. We will see you soon enough as another story where you blew your battery up by using it improperly. Please take the time to learn how to safely use a mech, build coils to keep you under the safety margin of your battery, and proper battery safety.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Couldn't have said it better

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'm just curious to know why in the world the OP even wants to vape at the lowest resistance possible.

The largest clouds are produced by the individual with the most lung capacity, not the resistance used. That argument was settled years ago.
    The best flavor is produced by much higher resistances. That argument was settled years ago too.

So what's the point!?!

add:
    Just so that the OP knows.
    I have quite possibly used mechanical mods longer than anyone still active on this forum. (or at least you could count on one hand the number of guys that have been using them longer) AND, I use mechanical mods all day ... every day. So take my word for it, you are looking in the wrong direction if you are looking for the best vape that you can get from your mechanical mod.

Last edited:

Tyler Lawrence

Feb 25, 2017
    Yeah I'll probably keep it at .2 and above just to be safe. But the app I have does say that for the LG HB6 a .09 is possible
    Personally, im quite comfortable with my lg hb6 batteries supporting a .09 on my mech. I do dual 3mm 24guage nichrome builds(5 wrap) that register between .09 to .1, I dont feel any strain on my battery at all with them. Same goes for my 50amp pulse 20 continuous imrens. Also my vct5's never get hot or anything. Im not saying what im doing is exactly safe or recommended, but nonetheless mate; they handle it just fine.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2015
    Personally, im quite comfortable with my lg hb6 batteries supporting a .09 on my mech. I do dual 3mm 24guage nichrome builds(5 wrap) that register between .09 to .1, I dont feel any strain on my battery at all with them. Same goes for my 50amp pulse 20 continuous imrens. Also my vct5's never get hot or anything. Im not saying what im doing is exactly safe or recommended, but nonetheless mate; they handle it just fine.

:danger:

If you know it is neither safe nor recommended then why do you do it? Every battery is fine until it isnt. A grenade is safe until you pull the pin. You are playing russian roulette and even if you are succeeding for now, posting messages like that presents terrible information to new vapers thinking of trying mechanical mods for the first time.

I'm just curious to know why in the world the OP even wants to vape at the lowest resistance possible.

The largest clouds are produced by the individual with the most lung capacity, not the resistance used. That argument was settled years ago.
    The best flavor is produced by much higher resistances. That argument was settled years ago too.

So what's the point!?!

add:
    Just so that the OP knows.
    I have quite possibly used mechanical mods longer than anyone still active on this forum. (or at least you could count on one hand the number of guys that have been using them longer) AND, I use mechanical mods all day ... every day. So take my word for it, you are looking in the wrong direction if you are looking for the best vape that you can get from your mechanical mod.

Well put and respects!

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Personally, im quite comfortable with my lg hb6 batteries supporting a .09 on my mech. I do dual 3mm 24guage nichrome builds(5 wrap) that register between .09 to .1, I dont feel any strain on my battery at all with them. Same goes for my 50amp pulse 20 continuous imrens.

Imren 50A pulse 20 CDR.:lol::lol:

See you on news at 11.

[URL="https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/imren-batteries.771349/#post-18741009"]Imren batteries...[/URL] Please read this post before continuing to use those batteries.

As to your other batteries, you might not feel a strain, but your battery does. Serious. Ask it.

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Sure, it's fine until it isn't. You're endangering yourself and possibly others. Pulse ratings are totally useless unless you know how long the on and off period used for the rating is,and you absolutely adhere to that. The cdr of cells goes down with age. No ohm meter is accurate at that low a resistance, and even a .1Ω drop when that low makes a huge difference.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Tyler Lawrence

Feb 25, 2017
    Sure, it's fine until it isn't. You're endangering yourself and possibly others. Pulse ratings are totally useless unless you know how long the on and off period used for the rating is,and you absolutely adhere to that. The cdr of cells goes down with age. No ohm meter is accurate at that low a resistance, and even a .1Ω drop when that low makes a huge difference.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Tyler Lawrence

Feb 25, 2017
    Ive been vaping on and off with .09's for quite a while (3 years) Maybe you'll see me on the news tommorow or something. I understand your views and battery misinformation. (DONT TRUST A LABLE) I do trust that batteries get hot when they vent. Show me an expieriment of a battery combusting before it heats up, might change how I feel about it. Once again ill state my disclaimer. .09 builds on a mechanical mod is not encouraged or recommended. Later, mate(s)

Tyler Lawrence

Feb 25, 2017
    WARN ALL THESE DUDES TOO THAT HAVEN'T BLOWN UP ANYTHING. #Shorting and battery tearing are far more dangerous

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170225-055706.png
      Screenshot_20170225-055706.png
      443.4 KB · Views: 51
    • Screenshot_20170225-055645.png
      Screenshot_20170225-055645.png
      448.4 KB · Views: 49
    • Screenshot_20170225-055657.png
      Screenshot_20170225-055657.png
      508.4 KB · Views: 42
    • Screenshot_20170225-055638.png
      Screenshot_20170225-055638.png
      495.1 KB · Views: 42

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Yep, there are quite a few idiots in the world that ignore reasonable safety practices for all sorts of things.

At .09 you're damaging the cell internally every time you press the fire button.
    As batteries age they lose capacity, the harder they're pushed the faster they degrade.

.09 = 9/100's, nine one hundredths of an ohm away from a dead short.

Vaping at .09 with a single cell mechanical is dangerous and only proves you know a lot less about how stuff works than you think you do.

" my battery doesn't even get hot bro"
    LMAO, it's all fun & games and you get to brag about how low you can go until someone gets their eye put out.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread