Batteries Without 10 Second Cut-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearlheartgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
NY
I wasn't sure where to post this. So move it if need be.

I started vaping several years ago, back before batteries had a 10 second cut-off. It was glory. Then my trusty Riva batteries ended up dying after a few years. Yes, the Rivas lasted over 3 years each before declining. May they rest in peace. They were chain vaping soldiers.

Since Liberty-Flights stopped selling the old Rivas, I've been plagued with sub-par batteries that barely hold a charge, die within months, and have a 10 second cut-off. Whereas, the old Rivas lasted me 3-4 years each. They were 900 mah and lasted up to 24 hours on a single charge with chain vaping. Now, I have some 2200 and 2800 mah batteries that take a year and a day to charge (with the charger still showing red after 3 days) and I'm lucky to get 6-12 hours and a couple of months from them.

The 10 second cut-off is the biggest killer. I like to take long, deep, inhales. These batteries aren't cutting it. Is there a way to mod them to get rid of the cut-off? Or is there a battery that doesn't have it? I was thinking that maybe a mod might do the trick.

Any suggestions?

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
to beat the 10 second cut out, during mid inhale let go of the button for a quick moment and repress the button ( when letting off the button it resets the timer)
another way around the cut off is by getting a mech mod.. but you will need good batteries ( 18650s) and a good charger ( I2 or LUC V4) and learn how to wrap your own coils and wick them... learn ohms law and get a decent ohm meter... sounds like alot of stuff to do but if you want to have a better vape and better control with longer inhales its about the only way...
other options include dual battery VV/VW mods ( IPV4 etc) and just about any of the new tank systems, some of these VV/VW mods have programmable cut off times so you can go beyond 10 seconds...

pearlheartgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
NY
Thanks for the reply. I've been doing the quick on and off on the button and it doesn't work well.

On top of everything else, I shouldn't have to wrap coils and such. Personally, I can not stand tanks. I've tried many of them just to give them a try and was disappointed with them all and wasted money. I despise drip tips; the feel and the cold vape they all give. I like it from the tap. The vape cools travelling through the tip. I'm running off of CE2R4 cartos. Yes, I still have them and they have been good to me. They last me over 2-3 years each with regular cleaning. I have saved all of the dead ones for when I decide to rebuild them. If Got Vapes had alternative tips (that were just plugs and not elongated drips, I'd have no problem. But they don't seem to care what I have to say).

I'll have to look into the VV/VW mods with programmable cut-off times, like you mentioned. I didn't know that those types existed since I am pretty much in the stone age of what has worked for me all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread