Back to Vaping

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Folks. Just coming back here kind of brought tears to my eyes and I really did miss my you all. Reason I'm back is I've had some very stressful times lately and have once again begun vaping. Wife totally understands and is extremely supportive of my choice. She said there were other past demons in my life that would not receive her support but with vaping as she said "It's all good and she understand completely". I lucked with this gal decades ago. Long story short I've been using the Orion Disposable...at $20 per it's costing a fortune and is leading me down guilt trip lane. Tried researching and really overwhelmed by all the different choices and I'm hoping/ praying someone can advise on a permanent rig.
My needs are:
small vape pen
VV
adjustable air flow
USB rechargeable
1000 mah minimum
As far as atomizer/ cartridge I am absolutely clueless and have spent about 3-4 hrs each day for the last week researching but am now MORE clueless than when I first started
A Huge shout out to everyone that gave me a special gift...you will always be in my heart and prayers. I am forever grateful.
Presently in Fla on biz/ holiday.
Lil furry guy also missed everyone and gives a shout out to everyone here.
Sincerely, Dan.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I noticed the gear under your post is mostly gone from planet years ago. I get why you are confused with the options. Back in the old days there was a fairly small selection of stuff to choose from, now the list is endless.

A lot of my stuff isn't sold any more.

In order to get suggestions, a few questions. Do you think you will want to get tanks and build your own coils, or use pre-made heads? Do you want to make big clouds or vape like a wuss (like me)? Do you have a position on using removeable batteries versus rechargeable built in batteries? Maybe you don't have set opinions on this stuff.

Good luck in your search.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Couple of other thoughts after rereading your post.

I think it's still possible to buy Spinners at a few places. VV is kind of rare these days, you might need to revisit this one since it would give a lot more choices.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Englishmick and thank you. Getting a little too old to DIY juice and rebuild coils. I was looking at Pods but I'm not sure. Sadly I still have most of my old gear back home :-(
Hoping for something where I pull out the bottle and fill a small tank (5-10 ml? and vape. Charging plug in a USB.
I'm still researching because I know I need this. There's few good (reviews) vape shops 6 miles away but was even overwhelmed when buying the Orion LOL.
Will look around more and see what ppl here think. One last ask. I once donated to this site and would like to again but can't find the link.
A sincere thank you as your reply gave me the hope I needed at this time. Dan.
P.S. not comfortable on a phone so please excuse mistakes.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Presently in Fla on biz/ holiday.
Depending on where you are in FL...I can very likely easily help you get set up again. I have quite a bit of older stuff like you mentioned...that's still new, and I would happily "gift" at least 1 set-up to you from it, to get you going again. Also have a bunch of newer, more modern set-ups, in my own huge stash, as well as from 2 other members who passed away a year ago this month. If interested...PM me and we can see what might work out for you while you're down here.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
One last ask. I once donated to this site and would like to again but can't find the link.
I've been a supporting member for years but I just searched for a while and couldn't find the place where you sign up. There used to be a link up the top of the page.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Lost Vape also has an Orion2, which I believe holds a larger capacity than most AND they're coming out with a rebuildable head (rba) shortly if you so desire.

Yihi/SxMini is stumbling out of the gates with a 'Puremax' pod style that uses SS coils with 'dry hit' protection.

I don't own either but there are many YT videos out there. Good luck in your searches.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    small vape pen

Today, refillable pod systems have replaced the 510 vape pen. A pod is just a tank that isn't 510 threaded, rather a push-fit magnetic tank but is proprietary to each system so can't use a pod from one system on another system. But you're not gonna get 5-10ml capacity on a pd, you'll be hard-pressed to get that in 99% of 510 tanks.

eGo/pen batteries can probably be found, but they will all be old stock for the most part. So they aren't a great purchase anymore given they have old integrated batteries.

So...

The most popular small pod systems with your requirements right now are ...

Vaporesso XROS Pro (1200mAh)

OXVA Xlim Pro (1000mAh)

- Both can be button fired or automatic draw.
    - Both have airflow adjustment.
    - Both are widely available online but I'd venture a guess that the XROS might be more widely available in local vape shops.
    - Both have 1.2 ohm pods/coils which will be most suitable for MTL vaping, but that a personal thing only you can decide by trying.
    - Both are variable wattage up to 30W (variable voltage is not common anymore. In the end the result is the same, you control the output. YOu just start at the lowest wattage and increase until you get to the wattage where you like the vape, easy peasy, no need to really "relearn" stuff).

With the XROS pro, when the coil head is spent, you don't change just the coil, you change the whole pod. With the Xlim you change just the coil head only and change the pod only if it should break.

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Hi and welcome back.

I'm going to sound boring, but the iStick 30W can be set to VV as well as VW - coupled with a Zenith tank or a Zlide from Innokin it might well do you. Coils are drop in and easily fitted and after the first tankfull those coils are good for flavour. The mod has an on board battery for charging and has pretty good life.

That oufit is small ebough to fit into the pen pocket of a jacket though not as small as a pod device - but it'll probably work a lot longer than a pod.

All the best whatever you choose!

2.jpg

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Thank you so very much everyone. Went to the local shop in Dayton (LOTS of Bikers having fun in a usually empty center of town) and purchased a Luxe Max with .2 ohms coil installed. VERY harsh vape so I tried the .4 and it was Nirvana. Good thing as the .2 ohm coil was leaking. Seems like a good one and hopefully this does the trick. Also bought some Nic Salts (2.5) but I think I prefer reg vape juice. May purchase something online as a backup as I've been reading there may be leakage issues "solved" by changing to 1.2 ohms with an MTL Pod.Does anyone have a relatively close reputable online Vendor? Back home used to buy from Canvape, at the time a great all round supplier with the latest gear.
    I'm in Ormond Beach and really thinking of moving here as it's everything we have dreamed of in retirement.
    Also an extra thank you for the info on upgrading my account- done:)
    Seems although I've been away for a long time there are some really decent ppl here still helping others and as a former active member I thank and appreciate your helping new vapers and us/me returning to the fold.
    Will be back but long story short we are having trades come over and fix damage to our home...loaned to a family member and whatever could be broken was. Also have BIL down here that I'm very close to having some serious health issues but at least we get to say our goodbyes.. Another BIL back home late stage Dementia- finally found an LTC, prolly has 4-6 months left. 2 year old car also not feeling well, needs injector and should be ready today.
    OXVA Xlim Pro-just searched and GrimmGreen still giving solid advice as UncleLeJunkie has given here- thank you. And kudos to Grimmgreen.
    I'd also like to thank Falconer- "boring" is something I need right now. Will also look at the iStick 30W:)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    A special thanks to JCinFLA for such a gracious offer. Not meaning to be offensive but I'd really prefer if you gift it to someone in need financially. When I was DIYing my own juice I was happily and freely sending juice to those in need financially. It is a truly selfless offer you made and again ya got me tearing up this is the ECF that I remeber form long ago.
    Won't be around for a but until I get things sorted out.
    P.S. Wife a lifelong non smoker also wants to send her thanks to you all. Like I said she's prolly the best decision I've ever made in my life...kinda reminds of Classwife :)

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Thanks for your kind words and all the best to you.

I discovered these iSticks back in 2015 when I joined ECF and at the last count I had 14 of them - they've been my go to mods when travelling or doing anything outside the house. They still make them and coils are still readily available.

It's rare in these day of planned obsolescence for something to run so long. It's still a big seller in the UK.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I'm going to sound boring, but the iStick 30W can be set to VV as well as VW - coupled with a Zenith tank or a Zlide from Innokin it might well do you.
    I totally agree with that, and with your 2nd post about the iSticks. The iSticks and then the various versions of the Zeniths also...have been my main every day set-ups, since the Zeniths first came out. :thumbs:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    A special thanks to JCinFLA for such a gracious offer. Not meaning to be offensive but I'd really prefer if you gift it to someone in need financially.

Thanks, and I didn't think your post was offensive at all. :)

I just have SO much vape gear I've personally stashed...that it isn't even a drop removed from the bucket when I share with others. I was also given...um....prior "instructions" :greengrin:, from 1 infamous member who'd given me his entire, large stash before his passing...that he'd like me to use some of it to pass along to others of my choosing. Was just trying to follow his instructions, to stay on his good side, so to speak! Just sayin' . . . . . . . . . . :thumbs:

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I'd also like to thank Falconer- "boring" is something I need right now. Will also look at the iStick 30W:)
    Just in case...this US vendor has the Eleaf iStick 30W mods, in 4 colors. I've placed quite a few orders with them in the past, for mod, tanks, coils, etc., and have always gotten them pretty quickly. If you use the coupon code VAPOR25 at Checkout, you'll get 25% off your whole order.

They do sell some items that are clones, but the Eleaf iStick 30W mod is authentic. Here's a link to things that are clones though on their website.

There are also other well-known, longtime US vendors who also have them in stock, though their price for them is higher. Just 3 of the vendors are:

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    I totally agree with that, and with your 2nd post about the iSticks. The iSticks and then the various versions of the Zeniths also...have been my main every day set-ups, since the Zeniths first came out. :thumbs:
    You've worked through the various incarnations of the Zeniths. I only have one original and and again one original Zlide left - I'd value your thoughts on any subsequent models

Like you were charged to do, I passed a lot on FOC when we downsized to what was once our holiday home, now where we live permanently.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread