Another public e-cig company - this time with a patent twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1376231/000137623113000014/form8k.htm

Public company acquires electronic cigarette patents.

The patents:

1. Electronic Cigarette, Patent 8,205,622 as issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office on May 14, 2012,
  2. Multifunctional Electronic Inhaler, Patent ZL2011-2-0096290.6 as issued by the Patent Office Of The People's Republic Of China on 11/23/2011,
  3. Electronic Pipe, Patent ZL2008-2-0123801.7 as issued by the Patent Office Of The People's Republic Of China on September 2, 2009,
  4. Atomizer for Electronic Cigarette, Patent ZL2008-2-0109333.8 as issued by the Patent Office Of The People's Republic Of China on May 20, 2009,
  5. Electronic Cigarette, Patent ZL2009-2-0106627.x as issued by the Patent Office Of The People's Republic Of China on January 3, 2010,
  6. Disposable Integrated E-Atomizing Inhaler, Patent ZL2008-2-0124683.1 as issued by the Patent Office Of The People's Republic Of China on January 13, 2010,
  7. Electronic Atomizer, Patent ZL2008-3-0084421.2 as issued by the Patent Office Of The People's Republic Of China on May 27, 2009, and
  8. Electronic Cigar, Patent ZL2008-3-0132968.5 as issued by the Patent Office Of The People's Republic Of China on October 10, 2009.

Let's see how they do - Ruyan sold their 2 patents to Imperial tobacco.

Probably not much, however if the ecig you use is infringing on their patents, your ecig may get more expensive or they may stop making it.

Or you might be an ecig investor and have an interest in knowing who is out there and what they are doing, or

It might lead to a consolidation in ecigs or a patent war as we've see with smart phones and/or where one of the big tobacco companies may buy these patents, as did Imperial tobacco, with the ruyan patents.

Or you may just find it interesting.

:)

Welcome to the forum!

But, what does that have to do with me; John Q Vaper?

bogmonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
Welcome to the forum!

But, what does that have to do with me; John Q Vaper?

Cueing pure speculation in 3...2...1...

Depending on how aggressive they are, it could make it more awkward for businesses manufacturing custom mods, and if they're trolls they could really hijack businesses without deep pockets in litigation.
Or they could just be adding e-cig royalties to their existing revenue stream

So it could mean absolutely nothing or it could make devices and components more expensive & inhibit innovation

End speculation
;)

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Google just makes things so easy, including patent searches.

Electronic Cigarette, U.S. Patent 8,205,622

That covers cigalikes, that use air pressure to trigger the flow of vapor.

Mechs and mods and the various cartos and tanks will be another issue, as there is distinct examples of prior art, if anyone has tried to patent them.

The irony is that the patent is in China, the one country that thumbs their nose at patents in the US - Fasttech being the best example.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
I don't know much about this stuff, but I want to invest my money somewhere...with Ecigs likely to blow up, are there stocks I should invest in?

huge number of small business without any stocks, you could always buy some tobacco's company stock, they're investing in ecigs for the last 2 years but since there will be less smokers and more vapers, it's likely that their stocks will not change much. It should even go lower since ecigs is cheaper. You have a good question though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread