Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
yeah the last thing I want is to chain vape. I would like a system where it mimics smoking where I can have a smoke every hour to hour and half and be good. then wean myself off nicotine and vaping entirely
That's where a Pod system comes in handy. Tighter draw, 20-50mg nicotine. Hth

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I just recently got the Aegis mini and I'm very impressed with it. I generally vape around 60 watts on a .18--.25 ohm coil and the Aegis works well. I vape 6mg and at this level for me I really don't chain vape. The Aegis will last me 6 hours the way I use it which is perfect. I am using it when I am out and about, working outside in the yard, and fishing trips.

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
I gave myself a few days off vaping to get my nicotine levels a chance to level out.
My main problem with the Aegis has been spitting and a burnt flavor while being pretty sure I did not burn the coil yet.
I have some .4 ohm Smok brand coils so I decided to just clean out my tank and start fresh with a new Smok coil and see how that goes.
I noticed the cotton in the coil was the same color as the ejuice but slightly brownish which I figured could cause the burnt flavor.
However on the very bottom of the tank in the Air flow chamber had some fluid in it and it was dark brown and burnt looking.
I charged the battery cleaned the tank and primed the coil and have been working on slowly breaking in the coil.
this coil seems to be working better and I can see how a lower nicotine level ejuice would make it better so I plan on going to a second local vape shop near me to get a bottle to try it out.

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
I just recently got the Aegis mini and I'm very impressed with it. I generally vape around 60 watts on a .18--.25 ohm coil and the Aegis works well. I vape 6mg and at this level for me I really don't chain vape. The Aegis will last me 6 hours the way I use it which is perfect. I am using it when I am out and about, working outside in the yard, and fishing trips.

sure seems to be a lot about vaping that I need to learn.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

It seems like your issue is with your tank and not the mod itself. I know when I first started vaping there seemed to be a small learning curve that seemed so intimidating to me. Looking back, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

What kind of issues are you currently having? I see you changed your coil in the tank, is it working properly? If it had brown colored buildup in the airflow it's good you cleaned it.

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
right now with the new Smok coil and different watt requirements I have to crank it up just over 50 and it still taste bad.
Today when the vape shops opens I am going to look for some non flavored 6mg 50/50 ejuice and give that a try.
but I think the Smok coil does not work as good.
really I am wanting some system that does not get raw ejuice in my mouth. if that means vapes are not for me then I might just quit quitting.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
right now with the new Smok coil and different watt requirements I have to crank it up just over 50 and it still taste bad.
Today when the vape shops opens I am going to look for some non flavored 6mg 50/50 ejuice and give that a try.
but I think the Smok coil does not work as good.
really I am wanting some system that does not get raw ejuice in my mouth. if that means vapes are not for me then I might just quit quitting.

What VG/PG ratio are you trying to run in the Smok currently? This is a DL tank that runs 50/50 juice poorly. It excels with juices with a higher VG ratio, 70/30 and thicker do better.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I saw where you were vaping 70/30 but in 12mg and experienced a throat hit that you found harsh.

It could have been the 12mg juice use in a DL tank. It also could be that you are not use to the hit that a DL device gives. I vaped Mtl (mouth to lung) in the beginning and when I first tried a DL device it was too strong for me even.

Is this your first device?

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Right OK - you are going round the mill and for you it ain't working, your heid is nipping as we'd say in Scotland with all what is being fired at you ... and as an Old Smokin' Man you have my utmost sympathy because this whole thing isn't easy, when you are new to the game. Been there done that got multiple Tshirts etc!

Righto here's Auld G out of Left Field once again, guessing you want something simple that'll deliver a nic hit similar to a cigarette and is easy to work.

Up until this moment in time this point in time (ish) the flavour of the month has been set ups running on loadsa watts with low nic juice producing loadsa vapour.

Doesn't work for everybody - least of all me. So where might you go from here that'll work?

Accepting that nothing will 100% replicate smoking tobacco and assuming your Mod ( battery) is OK - I'd suggest a simple Mouth to lung tank like either my favourite Nautilus Mini or the Forum's new favourite, the Zenith, loaded up with at least an 18 or 16 strength juice with a simple 1.6 Ohm-ish coil set at around 8 watts, used taking the old pipe smokers trick of draw for the count of four, either hold in your mouth or draw into your lungs for four and let out through your nose for four, savouring each moment of the experience.

It's Old School ( very) but it worked for this 50+ year heavy smoker - it might work for you.

Sometimes simple solutions really work.

In no way would I wish to sound patronising or to be seen as talking down to you ... this really did work for me, so I hope it might help you - all the best to you from the Old Falcon!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
should I be using the bubble tank of the smaller capacity straight glass tank?
That's entirely up to you. The bubble glass holds more e-juice per tank, but its more likely to break if your setup hits the ground. Beyond that, there should be no difference between the two.

I've been vaping for over 7 years, been an active participant on this forum for nearly the same amount of time, and I'm still learning.

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
I did go to a different local vape shop and purchased a 6mg bottle of 70/30 and it does work much better.
However I think I need to find something with much less flavor, I was looking for no flavor but the girl behind the counter said the stuff she sold me should work ok and it does it is just too sweet. I did manage to lower the watts and choke down the air supply but it takes too many vapes to get me where I need to be.
I was happy with the Vuse alto until I kept burning up the pods with 3/4 of the juice still left in them.
I have not tried this new juice in the eleaf mini I suspect it may work better for me and put out less flavor.
After I get done with this post I plan on loading up the eleaf mini with the new juice and see how that goes.
Many years ago I was able to quit smoking using ecigs when they were new to the market I had a kit that you could buy replaceable filters that had pre loaded juice or you could reload them manually.
I stayed off cigs for a long time with that kit and two batteries but the juice would run out in the extreme heat and shorted out the batteries at least that is what I think happened.
For now I am still trying and I am hopeful to find some combination that will work for me.

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
Well I loaded up my Eleaf Mini with the Nautilus tank with the New 6MG ejuice and it works much better also and it doesn't taste too sweet nor do I get the feeling like I am getting tons of raw ejuice on my lips or mouth.
I think Sub OHm vaping sweet ejuices is just not for me.
But I think I may enjoy my Aegis with non flavored ejuice, so my next quest in learning is diy ejuice

Reactions: Falconeer

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
@EaOutlaw1969 Sorry to hear of your troubles finding something that works for you.

Here is my experience with Aegis products:
Got a Legend kit that came with an Aero mesh coil tank. Coils are marked 0.2 Ohm (but read 0.16 in the mod), recommended 30-90 watts.
Mixed up some 6mg 70/30 juice.
Set the watts to 42, and over the first day increased to 60watts.
Set the airflow to 1/2 to 3/4 open.
That's it... vapes perfectly for me.

Got an Aegis Original single battery mod.
Got a FreeMax Fireluke tank to go with it. (Mesh) Coils are marked 0.15 Ohm 40-90 watts (read 0.14 in the mod)
Using a single 18650, set the wattage to 60.
Airflow set to about 3/4 open
Using the same juice.
That's it... vapes perfectly for me.

No burning or spitting on either.
Been vaping on both for the past 4 months with no issues or changing settings.

I plan on getting an Aegis solo next... I don't have any reason to think that my same settings won't work.

Good luck on fine tuning your vaping experience.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Hey glad it worked for you! That tank'd still work with the Aegis Mod I'm sure if it gives you better battery life - as I type I'm puffing on my Nautilus at 8 watts with a new 1.6 coil on a Pico. The juice is 12 strength DIY unflavored and it's behaving just fine.

When I smoked cigarettes they were Brit style unfiltered "virginia" which was more neutral than American cigarettes like Pall Mall Chesterfield Marlboros etc and to me if I make up unflavoured
16 - 18 strength liquid and shut down the tank's airflow it's vaguely reminiscent of the Old Senior Service plains that I used to love.

Making your own liquid isn't that difficult, especially if you go for unflavoured - all you need is nicotine, PG and VG which you can buy online even. There are plenty of Online Calculators which'll give you the ratios to mix it at.

If you are aiming to use the Nautilus with DIY stuff - 50/50 PG/VG handles fine, above 50% vg the Nauti's not so keen on it.

All the best meantime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread