Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"The agency hasn’t focused much on tobacco control since former commissioner Scott Gottlieb left in 2019. Critics say that without a committed leader, the Center for tobacco Products [CTP] has been directionless — frustrating for both industry and public health officials.

“FDA’s been a bit of a piñata really since Gottlieb left, so they’ve kind of left it to the career staff there to figure out priorities,” said a senior tobacco industry official with experience of CTP reviews who requested anonymity due to the agency’s ongoing review of their products. “They’ve just gotten battered by everybody.”

The overlooked public health issue that could make or break Biden’s new drug regulator

Many Believe that the CTP shouldn't be under the FDA's control. That the Only Way to get any Meaningful Tobacco and Scientific Based THR Policy is to make the CTP a Separate, Autonomous Agency.

A head it by someone else besides Zeller.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Many Believe that the CTP shouldn't be under the FDA's control.
Given what I've seen out of the FDA in other areas lately, I'm not sure anything should be under their control. If I were king, I might let them continue to inspect meat packing plants. Maybe.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Given what I've seen out of the FDA in other areas lately, I'm not sure anything should be under their control. If I were king, I might let them continue to inspect meat packing plants. Maybe.

Yeah, "FDA Approved" doesn't mean anything nowadays, except the manufacturer paid off the right people. We may all start dropping like flies a few years after getting the Covid vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread