2015 BilletBox rev 3a doesn't fire. How can I test with a multi-meter?

crazydmnd

Jul 7, 2014
United States
I just got this second hand from a reputable guy, and cosmetically it's an easy 9/10. I have a new set of vapcell T6 650mah/6A. I have tested them and appear to be working fine.

The only rba I stillhad from years ago when I had a couple other rev3s is the old kanger reb that would come with subtanks maybe? I also had the collar and chimney extension for it to fit in the boro. But nothing. I don't have a subtank to put it in to test the resistance, but it fits in the base of that boro rta Steam Tuners made and if I push down on it in the tab, the resistance pops up.

I then tried an unopened 1ohm kanger clapton, which looks like a round occ coil. The package itself is years old. Same thing, I see resistance in the steamtuners base.

So it must be the BBox? I have a MAS830B digital multimeter. One video I saw said turn it left to 20. I put the positive probe on the 510 connection and the black probe touching the frame and pressed the fire button and nothing. What's the proper way to do this?

I also tried the rev3a topnut and rev3.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: AlexDelarge

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
In the pic your meter is set on resistance (at 200 KOhms!), not volts. If you're pressing the fire button you need to be a DC volt setting, 20 volt. Probe connection is correct to read volts.

If you're looking to check the resistance of your build, that meter doesn't look like it will go low enough to be any good. So, if possible, put the RTA / RDA or whatever on a regulated mod and check there - but DO have some juice on the coil or you'll likely burn the wick.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I would suspect the flush nut tightness if messing with drop-in factory coils such as the Kangers. On MANY occasions while using both those and Atlantis coils in my BB's, I have to be very careful about how much I tighten down the nut, or it ends up shorting out the coil.

I now just tighten until it makes contact, then check the resistance, tightening a bit more until it throws a "Check Atomizer" error, then back it off just a bit, checking resistance until it's in spec

EDIT: I'm speaking of the Rev 4B BB's where I can easily check resistance, but it could be the same issue with your Rev3... Hopefully it will solve your issue, and is simply a matter of tightening the nut "just right"... :)

Last edited:

AlexDelarge

Dec 23, 2023
I have a Rev3 from 2015 and has been put away for probably around 7 years now. I misplaced my atmistique bridge so it is basically a paperweight now lol. I never was able to score a Boro for it back in the day. Is there anywhere to get a tank or bridge or anything to put it back in service? The cartomizer sucked and the bvc coils were not that great….

Users who are viewing this thread