Status
Not open for further replies.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Held off asking till I did some more googling, it's a stupid question and I knows it but I like to be sure. I have a bit of pride with learning new things and not asking questions to get there, but, ECF is here to help when needed so I may as well.

New 1000mAh twist, using it off n on finding some quirks (and ruining a new SR DC in the process). The latest "quirk" came in this morning, 20ish LED blinks, after which no button presses will make it fire until I put it in the charger. I tried finding the manual online, but it doesn't say anything about blink #s.

Now, with that, I'm almost 100% sure it's low battery since I've been using it since saturday afternoon without recharge. I'm used to the blue light warning light, not a complete shutdown after a frenetic blinking of the LED. Not having this happen on the 3 standard ego batteries makes a little bit of a concern, but nothing major.

Nutshell: Twist LED blinks 10-20 times, followed by battery shutdown until put in charger. Why's this?

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
@ r77r7r, Everything is Joye, according to the logo etched on base. Read enough of knockoffs dying in 2 days.

@ cookster, I was figuring it was battery but it's something new and something battery so I figured it's best to be sure. I find it odd that they changed the warning from a blue light to "old lady pushing a walk signal", so long as it works I guess I'll let it slide. This time.

Thanks for the alacrity of the responses, I knew it'd be a quicky but I didn't even finish my coffee yet!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
@ r77r7r, Everything is Joye, according to the logo etched on base. Read enough of knockoffs dying in 2 days.

@ cookster, I was figuring it was battery but it's something new and something battery so I figured it's best to be sure. I find it odd that they changed the warning from a blue light to "old lady pushing a walk signal", so long as it works I guess I'll let it slide. This time.

Thanks for the alacrity of the responses, I knew it'd be a quicky but I didn't even finish my coffee yet!

If you are used to the blue led changes as the batt uses charge then you DO have other joye eGos :) However, the newer joye 'upgrade' batts that have two modes - a constant mode (like other regulated eGo-cs at @3.3-3.4V) and a VV mode - which isn't true vv but runs like any other true 3.7v batt without a regulator - ie. starts off the charger at @4.2v and goes through the normal 'curve' of a 3.7v batt. And in that 'vv mode' there is no changing to blue either - and neiter does the TWIST ;)

So all the blinks were, were an indication that the TWIST needed charging, as Cookster says above.

Britches

Mar 13, 2012
Westminster Maryland

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Kent, I love your cig banner.

I'm worried about catching up on Mad Men………I never crave luckies more than when watching that show.

Also, yeah…my twist does the same thing. I always assumed it just meant the battery was dead and that if something was wrong that the disposable battery was using safe chemistry. Probably not the best idea, but that's how I've always treated batteries……like since I was 5 and put them in this little pretend to be an airline piolt thing that looked like a cockpit.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Never dropped (well, not till then, have now but yea...) it was just the battery being low, put it on the charger and (a long time...oof) later it's green and good to go. No defects or other issues, just a somewhat new ego user.

Personally I prefer the blue light over the blinky.

Thanks for all your help folks, and now I have learned more for when/if it ever does break. I have to start forgetting birthdays and such soon to make room for ecig info...

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
I have 4 Twists and I do miss the whole idea of having the different colored LEDs that my regular -C batteries have. My only thought as to why they don't have it on the Twist is that the voltage sensor on the regular -C might be because of the VV of the Twist. I'm guessing that the regular -C just senses lowered voltage and changes the LED color. Since we dial the voltage of the Twist, it wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Having never taken one apart I wouldn't know exactly where said voltage sensor is in relation to the rest of the guts of the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread