Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
So I just built my first dual 18650 parallel box mod. I'm going to be building another one but I'm wanting to go with a series instead of the parallel. I vape on my RX200s and RX300 at 180W-230W on a rda coming in at .15 and I like the punch I get in my lugs on the hits at that wattage. I know ohms law and I know on a series mech I need to build coils coming in no lower than around .6. I know on series mod ( like my stacked tube) that batteries don't last that long and I always have to carry around extra cells (which I don't mind but if I can get away from not carrying them I would do so) so that leads me to my question, dual or triple 18650's or dual 26650. If y'all could let me know your opinion and the reason why you think what you do. Also let me know what your opinion is on the best 26650's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
So I just built my first dual 18650 parallel box mod. I'm going to be building another one but I'm wanting to go with a series instead of the parallel. I vape on my RX200s and RX300 at 180W-230W on a RDA coming in at .15 and I like the punch I get in my lugs on the hits at that wattage. I know ohms law and I know on a series mech I need to build coils coming in no lower than around .6. I know on series mod (like my stacked tube) that batteries don't last that long and I always have to carry around extra cells (which I don't mind but if I can get away from not carrying them I would do so) so that leads me to my question, dual or triple 18650's or dual 26650. If y'all could let me know your opinion and the reason why you think what you do.

Triple 18650 your gonna have to build really high ohms to compensate for voltage. If u go dual 26650 the Ijoy batts are 30 amp (and 4200mah so good life) and you can build it as low as .28 which will be 200+ watts it's too hot for me personally I build around .5-.6 on my series mechs and one of them is a dual 26650 mod. So I say go with the dual 26650 mod and try a .4 ohm build if u like it hotter. I did a .4 and recorded it then swapped it out for a .6 ohm that vaped more to my liking. Here is the vid of a series mod at .4 ohms with the Ijoy Combo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Triple 18650 your gonna have to build really high ohms to compensate for voltage. If u go dual 26650 the Ijoy batts are 30 amp (and 4200mah so good life) and you can build it as low as .28 which will be 200+ watts it's too hot for me personally I build around .5-.6 on my series mechs and one of them is a dual 26650 mod. So I say go with the dual 26650 mod and try a .4 ohm build if u like it hotter. I did a .4 and recorded it then swapped it out for a .6 ohm that vaped more to my liking. Here is the vid of a series mod at .4 ohms with the Ijoy Combo

If I got with the 26650's I would have to get some batteries but I figured I'd throw it out there and get some opinions.

I got my IJoy combo yesterday and I put in a dual alien 4mm ID coming in at .12 and I couldn't take more than 2 hits back to back then I would get a dry hit taste so I ended up putting in the staple coils 2.5 ID that came with it and it's coming in at .17 and got the air flow closed off 1/4 of the way so I still have decent air flow (not as much as I like) and it's hitting good. I like it so far. I will probably like it better once I put a few builds in and find out what works best for the way I like to vape. Like I said I like to vape at 190-220 on the RDA's so I like a hot vape.

What kind of wire do you use for your higher builds? I use nothing but SS and have some Ti coming from Germany that's supposed to be like the best and cleanest. Have got it yet but I'll find out when it gets here. Of course that's gonna be done for my RX300. I don't really care for Kanthal due to being spoiled on SS and the clean taste. I haven't used Kanthal since I started vaping 4 years ago but to get the higher resistance I'm probably gonna have to go that route.

I know you mentioned IJoy cells. What is the best cells (26650) that I could go with for my liking with hot vape? Also I'm assuming that the cells would last longer than the 18650. If I go with the 26650's should I get 4 cells instead of just 2? I hate to have to wait for batteries to charge before I can vape on the same device the cells go to. I have a 4 bay charger (Xstar VC4) but the charger only has 2 spots for larger batteries.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
If I got with the 26650's I would have to get some batteries but I figured I'd throw it out there and get some opinions.

I got my IJoy combo yesterday and I put in a dual alien 4mm ID coming in at .12 and I couldn't take more than 2 hits back to back then I would get a dry hit taste so I ended up putting in the staple coils 2.5 ID that came with it and it's coming in at .17 and got the air flow closed off 1/4 of the way so I still have decent air flow (not as much as I like) and it's hitting good. I like it so far. I will probably like it better once I put a few builds in and find out what works best for the way I like to vape. Like I said I like to vape at 190-220 on the RDA's so I like a hot vape.

What kind of wire do you use for your higher builds? I use nothing but SS and have some Ti coming from Germany that's supposed to be like the best and cleanest. Have got it yet but I'll find out when it gets here. Of course that's gonna be done for my RX300. I don't really care for Kanthal due to being spoiled on SS and the clean taste. I haven't used Kanthal since I started vaping 4 years ago but to get the higher resistance I'm probably gonna have to go that route.

I know you mentioned IJoy cells. What is the best cells (26650) that I could go with for my liking with hot vape? Also I'm assuming that the cells would last longer than the 18650. If I go with the 26650's should I get 4 cells instead of just 2? I hate to have to wait for batteries to charge before I can vape on the same device the cells go to. I have a 4 bay charger (Xstar VC4) but the charger only has 2 spots for larger batteries.

Ti wire is temp control only so please don't use on a mech. I tested the rx300 temp control and it wasn't very good. I don't think you'll get a good vape from an rx300 in temp control with ti wire.

As far as what use, mostly ss and sometimes kanthal. The build from the video is ss316 twisted fused clapton wire from advanced vape supply. SS is the best wire though IMO

For 26650 batts the Ijoy are the best. Dual series mod u can build as low as .28 if u wanted plus have 50% more battery life then mods dual 18650 mods

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Thanks for the info. I know Ti wire is TC only. Twisted fused clapton...I'll have to play with that. What's the resistance come out to? ID? Wraps? I get all my wire from Lightning Vapes. They are just south of me in Bradenton, Fl. About 45 min to an hour down the interstate just south of Tampa. Ships out same day if you order before noon and takes 2 days to get to me. Their wire is decent quality IMO and it's a decent price.

I'll look into the IJoy cells. I'm guessing I should get 4 of them instead of 2.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Thanks for the info. I know Ti wire is TC only. Twisted fused clapton...I'll have to play with that. What's the resistance come out to? ID? Wraps? I get all my wire from Lightning Vapes. They are just south of me in Bradenton, Fl. About 45 min to an hour down the interstate just south of Tampa. Ships out same day if you order before noon and takes 2 days to get to me. Their wire is decent quality IMO and it's a decent price.

I'll look into the IJoy cells. I'm guessing I should get 4 of them instead of 2.

Yeah go with 4 so u can charge a pair when using a pair. Liionwholesale.com carries them.

I get it on a roll from advanced vape supply. Live their wire spools. I think it was 4mm ID and like 12 wraps each in dual coil. Came out around .6

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I usually get most of my batteries from Liion. They are a bit on the pricey side from there thought. They r usually the cheapest around. I was looking on here on Mooch's findings on these cells and people are mentioning Vape Sourcing. I looked on there and they are $7 but they are out of stock right now. I ordered my RX300, a TFV12, an RBA section and a USB adapter for the RX300 from them 1 1/2 months ago (they said the TFV12 was on back order and I pre-ordered it). The only thing I've gotten from them so far is the 300 and that's only because I paid extra for it cause it was sent from the US warehouse vs the china warehouse so I'm not really wanting to do anymore business with them but dang they are cheap for the batteries.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I usually get most of my batteries from Liion. They are a bit on the pricey side from there thought. They r usually the cheapest around. I was looking on here on Mooch's findings on these cells and people are mentioning Vape Sourcing. I looked on there and they are $7 but they are out of stock right now. I ordered my RX300, a TFV12, an RBA section and a USB adapter for the RX300 from them 1 1/2 months ago (they said the TFV12 was on back order and I pre-ordered it). The only thing I've gotten from them so far is the 300 and that's only because I paid extra for it cause it was sent from the US warehouse vs the china warehouse so I'm not really wanting to do anymore business with them but dang they are cheap for the batteries.

Most sites won't ship batts over seas. Don't buy batts from China anyway, buy from a good site like liionwholesale.com

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I tried to send an email and it came back as mailer damon so that email address doesn't exists.

Lol its a username. They are on the forums. I tagged him so he can comment

Just realized wrong forum. So tag won't work. But no I'm not aware of any currently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread