Just got my IBtanked..love it...but have a question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkiegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
Tennessee
I have primed my carto, inserted it into my IBtanked, and filled the tank with liquid. It is vaping great and great flavor, no leaking at all but each time I take a drag I hear like a hissing type noise. Does anyone know why it's making this noise and is there a fix? If not that's fine. I can definitely live with it. I'm just trying to make sure I haven't done something incorrectly.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Did you get the 19mm. They fit and look so good on the Provari. And it makes such a wonderful match. (is it legal to have a Provari and a tank get married?) (HUM. which one would be the bride and which one the groom). Ok I got WAY off topic.
Congrats on the new tank. I see more in your future.

yorkiegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
Tennessee
Did you get the 19mm. They fit and look so good on the Provari. And it makes such a wonderful match. (is it legal to have a Provari and a tank get married?) (HUM. which one would be the bride and which one the groom). Ok I got WAY off topic.

Lol. Thanks. I got the 19mm XL tank. The Provari performs so well and is so consistent that it would have to be the bride lol but wait so does the IBTanked. You got me on that one. I see more in my near future too.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Love IBTanked! Yep, the sizzle appears to be normal. I love it because that sizzle is intolerable to my husband. He likes how they vape, but he hates the sound. This means he won't be stealing them and he'll stick with the Mini Protank II's he's already stolen. Of course, he can have them all now for all I care.

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee

The provari is so beautiful it would have to be the bride.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
At the risk of stating the obvious, the IBTank is male threaded and the ProVari is Female. I love my IBTank as well, but still need a ProVari to go with it. ;) You need to post pics now!!!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm guessing, since it's your first tank, that you got the cartos from IBTanked, too.
They're good, and a good price. But they're flanged - so you've got a space there between the tank and the ProVari cap, right?
My THEORY is that this contributes to an IBTanked/ProVari setup being NOISY!
I've got other setups with a flusher fit - or with a "Ring" to cover that space - and it's like a muffler - runs a little quieter.

Next time I get an IBTanked tank, I'm getting a 22mm and the IBT-Pro ring to go with it.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I have a 22 XL for my mini. I recently read that people have trouble with certain carto-tanks leaking in cold weather. I went snowboarding today. My IBT tank sat in my truck for about 5 hours in low 20 degree temps. Not a single drop leaked. Vaped perfectly as soon as I returned to my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diogenes

Moved On
Nov 5, 2013
Justice, IL
I'm using it on my Provari.

See, that's your problem right there!! What you need to do is get yourself one of those fancy eGo batteries, and you'd be set. Provari's are the worst for carto-tanks. You know, I'll do you a favor. Since I have a few extra eGo batts laying around here, if you send me your Provari, I will happily send you several of the better eGo's, a charger, and a heartfelt thank-you note......

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
There is a gap, you're right - oh dear, I feel another order coming on....
I'm guessing, since it's your first tank, that you got the cartos from IBTanked, too.
They're good, and a good price. But they're flanged - so you've got a space there between the tank and the ProVari cap, right?
My THEORY is that this contributes to an IBTanked/ProVari setup being NOISY!
I've got other setups with a flusher fit - or with a "Ring" to cover that space - and it's like a muffler - runs a little quieter.

Next time I get an IBTanked tank, I'm getting a 22mm and the IBT-Pro ring to go with it.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
There is a gap, you're right - oh dear, I feel another order coming on....

Heh heh heh... I placed an order for non flanged, Boge prepunched cartos a couple days ago, specifically for the gap. Also bought a beauty ring that may work. And some other drip tips. And a ton of juice from Ahlusion because I heard they're good and there's a sale....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread