Do Trustfire's Ship Charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Colorado
Best practice when receiving 3.7V LiCo chemistry li-ion cells is to take a voltage reading before they touch the charger. Ideally, they should have been stored and shipped ~3.8-4.0V. This represents a middle of the road state of charge and is the healthiest state of charge for long term storage. Taking a voltage reading when you first take shipment on the cells can give you a good feel for the condition of the cells and weed out potentially bad cells. If a cell is below ~3.6V when it arrives, then there may be cause for suspicion.

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
Yes, I have read that the safest way to store these batts is at 40% for long life. I personally have received them both half charged and empty. The empty I thought was a bad batt. I put it on my WF-188 and although it took some time (4-5 hours I think), it eventually took a full charge and I haven't had any problems with it yet.

Prodigal441

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
NH
It is hit or miss. Sometimes you get them charged and other times they are partially charged. Best bet is to always put them on the charger before you use them. Depending on what you read, you may want to use it for 15-20 minutes and then charge it completely again. (Only the first time) Not sure what that does but I read it somewhere and I did research and it all depends who you talk to. I hope this didn't make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread