Diluting ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions about diluting ejuice. I read vg can be diluted with a saline solution. I went to my local grocery store pharmacy and found a kroger brand sterile saline solution for rinsing and storing contacts. Is that the right stuff? My second question is i have a bottle of smirnoff vodka with a twist of vanilla, will that work or will it give my juice an off flavor? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 36

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Check the ingredients list but I don't think you'll want to use that. You'll want no ingredients except sodium chloride and water i.e. no wetting agents, no preservatives, etc. I use is the 0.9% sterile wound wash/irrigation made by Baxter; and believe there's a second manufacturers. You can search my posts with keyword "Baxter" to find a link to where I purchased.

I didn't find anywhere other than online, so I'd suggest ordering and then buying distilled water (DW) for immediate use (which you'll want anyway). I personally use a base of 80% VG + 15% DW + 5% Saline; then add VG nic and flavors. This works very well for me. Pending arrival of saline, just use 80% VG + 20% DW.

You're probably okay on the vodka as typically <2%. Besides extra Vanilla is never a bad thing! Mix in proportion with VG and no flavor to see if you can detect.

Good luck!

Last edited:
yea i was trying to thin it out. my ejuice wasnt vaping right in my protank 3. I just made a batch diluting with 5% vodka and its a lot better. still needs some tweaking but im sure the more i mix the better it will turn out. one thing though i started buying ejuice from mvb at 80pg 20 vg with 18mgs of nic. the few batches i have made seem to have stronger nic content. i have triple checked all my calculations and they seem right. has anyone heard of diy ejuice being coming out stronger then the stuff that is bought online? Next batch i make i think im gonna cut my nic content down to 15mg.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
80pg 20vg will give a stronger harsher taste then vapes with a higher concentration of VG. Also the higher the NIC content the harsher it will be. The vodka also adds to the harshness your better off using distilled water if the mix needs thinning. If I understand you right and you infact are trying to mix your own juice and not trying to dilute vender juice then I would suggest mixing a 50pg/50vg/18mg or 14mg base.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread