Best way to fill a pensyle cart without a syringe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinAbby

Feb 16, 2009
Austin, TX
What have you found to be the best method of filling a pen style cartridge without using a syringe?

I find that filling from the top doesn't properly soak it. I travel a lot and don't want to travel with a syringe.

I've been resorting to just dripping on the atomizer lately but I'm reconsidering this method since I've killed a couple of atomizers recently in less than two weeks.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
I think dripping w/ the penstyle is a mistake. I had two atomizers go belly up soon after taking up dripping. It could have been a coincidence, but from what I've gathered it's not the way to go.

To fill w/o a syringe, I'll push the dropper down into the wicking material a bit and slowly squeeze the juice in. As it rises to the top, I'll take my tweezers and fluff the poly, pushing it down into the cart and bringing it back up. This gets a lot of juice down to the bottom. Top off a little more after that, and you should be golden.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I take out the material from the cartridge, three quarter fill the empty cartridge with juice then using the tweezers put the material back in. I then top up with about 6/7 drops of juice to finish.

I sent for syringes/needles but was spilling juice all over the place...The above method works best for me

Yup, I do the same thing but I also just fill the bottom third/half of the cart with slightly watered down glycerine since the juice at that end never seems to get used anyway so why waste precious juice?!

tinear

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Florida, U.S.A.
I find that filling from the top doesn't properly soak it. I travel a lot and don't want to travel with a syringe.

i've used this and it works for the Mini, so it should work on a pen cart also i would think...

sacrifice a bottle of Visine (or ClearEyes, Murine, etc). it looks like the bottle is sealed shut but (for Visine at least) the dropper pops right off the bottle. The dropper itself (again, Visine) is relatively long and narrow so you can push the wadding down with it then sqeeze a few drops into the cart. as you let up on the pressure the drops more or less expand along with the wadding. top it off with a drop and you're good to go.
plus, the bottle is absolutely perfect to travel with! water tight, drip resistant and inconspicuous. works like a charm ~ for me at least.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I find this also. Then someone suggested to just take it out and turn it around. Haven't tried that yet but it sounds feasible.

Lu

Yeah, I do that on the mini (where I don't fill the bottom with glycerine) - also it evens out the tiredness of the lint. Not sure why I don't do that with the penstyle, I guess I was so shocked when I saw the size and depth of the cartridge my first instinct was to say "I'm not filling all that with juice"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread