2 questions menthol and syringe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subject666

Oct 18, 2010
Pennsylvania
Ok first off Thanks to everyone here in DIY section all the information is invaluable. I am still learning alot and appreciate all the work everyone does. Okay now onto the questions
1. I am trying to make a menthol recipe Thats similar to Vaporkings menthol and Cool Rush by liquidxpress.. Cool Rush has been my ADV for 3 years now.. Any advice on a starting point would be helpful cuz every menthol recipe i try just doesnt cut it..I hate to name Vendors hope noone gets mad! lol
2. syringe question answered...Thanks fogging_katrider

Thanks All!

Last edited:

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
Ok lets explain this two ways...

Long version:
The graduations on a syringe are for measuring the dose of medicine being injected to the subject. When the liquid is drawn into the syringe generally more than needed is drawn into the syringe, then the syringe gets inverted to allow air bubbles to rise toward the needle and the plunger pushed until the air is expelled and the plunger set to the correct dose size. Now the air is completely out of the syringe (including the needle) and the liquid fills the syringe to the dose size desired.

The doctor or nurse then stabs the needle into the patient and pushes the plunger all the way in, thus delivering the measured dose of penicillen into little subject666's buttox cheek so he can complain to mommy all the way home about how he hates going to the doctors office. heh heh

But if you remember those trips to the doctors office, you'll be happy to recall that nurse kratchett didn't pull out the needle and suck in some air so she could restab your azz and make sure all that penecillin that was still in the needle part got shot into your hindend.

Short version...
The syringe measures what it will output when the plunger is pushed until it stops. The extra in the syringe is not delivered. In other words dont pull the plunger and reblast out that little tiny bit into your mix unless you want that tiny extra flavor shot added to your measurment.

In actual mixing strategy...
In most cases it makes little or no difference if you do blast out that needle full of flavoring into your mixes as long as you do it with all the flavors in the recipe. However some flavorings are strong enough to affect the recipe if you're mixing a very small test batch and you're using a larger guage needle for measuring your flavorings (ie:like for vg based flavorings where you'll need a fatter needle).

In my mixing I usually just consider that little bit in the needle as wasted and it gets washed away when that syringe needle combo gets cleaned.

hth,
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread