Temp control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
What do you mean an easy box to build on? You mean a mod that is easy to use? You don't build on the mod, you build on the atomizer which can work on any TC mod equally as well.

If you're looking for the easiest TC mod on the market to use it's the SnowWolf 200W V2. I've got the V1 and the newer V2 changes the two things people were complaining about. The V2 doesn't have an autolock and you can manually select TC or Wattage mode rather than letting it autodetect it. Those were minor complaints to begin with, but they've been changed in the V2.

That aside, it's by far the easiest to use TC mod out there. Not the most full featured though. Just the easiest to use.

Reactions: Romano Cheese

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
There are several excellent TC mods out there. Simple, sweet, to the point, everything but a rebuildable atomizer, the EvicVT (60watts, VW and TC, Ni200 Nickel and Ti1 Titanium TC coil support, large mah battery pack, internal charger port) $50 to $65 (mod alone or with full kit that comes with a Ego1 Mega Tank), then there is the iStick40wTC (internal battery as well), after that you have the Sigelei 75W and Sigelei 150wTC, IPV3Li 165watt (IPV3LiVR 200watt), Snowwolf 200watt, and DNA200 mods out there right now, have to balance price and features.

Reactions: Romano Cheese

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Looking at clouds, flavor or balance of both???

Flavor - reduced and/or narrow chamber with tighter airflow or able to restrict airflow like the Veritas, Derringer, Atomic, or Bambino
Clouds - Wider chamber and deck, massive airflow like the Mutation X series, Darkhorse, Velocity
Balanced - Mid sized chamber and airflow like the Vector, Doge, Zenith, Plume Veil

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Yes, the RDA is just a platform. Most of what you get with an RDA is in how the air and vapor vortex inside the chamber design, then after that you coil configuration and amount of airflow play the biggest part, hotter and wider the coil more juice is vaporized with a good balanced airflow of cool air vortexing in to mix with that will produce volumes of vapor while lowering flavor due to so much air coming in, where hot bit smaller coil config in a smaller chamber with less airflow the vapor is denser with vaporized flavor from the liquid, a bit warmer vape but less clouds. Being you bounce in both major camps like myself I'd suggest the Doge V2 or Vector, maybe a Derringer (little bad boy actually can chuck a good cloud when you need it to but still a very flavorful deck even wide open air flow)

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
Well I'm definitely not a fancy coil guy. Takes too much time to make some of those damn things. Fanciest I get is claptons, if I'm bored. My ideal vape is around .5 ohms with a dual coil. I stay around 50 to 60 watts.

I like the sound of the Derringer. I think flavor is important in anytime. Might as well enjoy the cloud!
Cutting it close imo, Id buy a cheap tc mod or something that will last with decent wattage that way you can try it and either end up with a new nice <insert wattage here> mod or a 35$ mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread