Sad day in SB land

Status
Not open for further replies.

boborone

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Plano, Tx
Not sure what's happened. But it doesn't work anymore. Guess it's lived a good life. Long hard life being a workhorse of the bunch. It's getting voltage to the center pin but no matter what atty I hook up, there is no connection. Very puzzling to me. I've even tried shimming it and using a 510 to 510 and 510 to eGo adapter. I'm at a loss.

Anybody have any ideas? Has this happened to you and you figured out what the problem is?

TIA
Dustin

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I think I'm having the same problem on my BB. Seems the center pin is getting pushed down and I have to pry it up along with prying out the pin in the carto. I'm having to repeat this fairly often.

I just had the switch replaced a few weeks ago and it was working good till now, and now I'm back to fiddling with it to make it work. :(

Last edited:

boborone

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Plano, Tx
Probably a center pin issue. Use a mini flathead screwdriver to "tease" the pin up enough to make electrical contact with your juice attachment's connector.

I finally got it. Ended up it was going down with every atomizer I put on it. Like the rubber insulator is bad or something. I put a bit of cotton under the pin to keep it up, works just fine now. Is there anything this beast can't withstand? I bet there are more people still using their SBs than any other mod. Maybe the reo, but that's it. I can't think of another mod that has had it's staying power.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Mine has been going strong for nearly 2 years.

Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg

The Silver Bullet was one of the first mass-produced mods ever. It is nearly as popular today as it was when it was first put on the market. A testament to the design and the manufacturing skills of Mr. Chad.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I'm so glad it's back to working. Always been my no fuss mod. All the other guys get pushed aside when I need something that just works. Like morning. I don't want to mess around with fancy this or that. Just a SB, 2 RCR123A batteries, single coil dripper, DIY juice, and black coffee.

2uqapede.jpg

If you have any more issues head over to Altsmoke.com and submit a ticket, I will take care of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread