Ratio Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

windmiller

Jan 8, 2012
Chapel Hill, NC
For the last two years I've been ordering every other month from VV. I've always ordered 80PG\20VG, the first number always representing the PG ratio. I have bottles from almost every two months for the last two years that show that the first number represented PG in my orders.

In Dec I placed my standard ordered specifying 80PG\20VG but when the order arrived I quickly realized that most of my order seemed to be 80VG\20PG so I went out to the VV website to check how the ratios were laid out in the drop down menu on the site and found that the first number now represented VG.

I've been e-mailing VV about this for the last month to try and figure out what went wrong so I can place a new order and make sure 1. I am ordering properly 2. My order is filled as expected..

So far I have been unable to get this sorted out with VV and get an idea what went wrong and I am out of liquids so I wanted to ask those of you who are VV regulars how long the first number has represented VG at VV? Isnt the industry standard that the first number represents PG?

Thanks for any feedback!

MPage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I assume you are emailing to customerservice@virginvapor.com. They have had massive growing pains but it would still be unusual for it to take them over a month to respond- hope you get this resolved.

VV changed their standard ratio quite awhile ago- now they offer 100vg or 50/50 unless you request something else in the comments section.

windmiller

Jan 8, 2012
Chapel Hill, NC
All orders were placed in the same manner and actually had the exact same request info in the comments section and for 2 years I have had no problems.

I have been e-mailing back and forth with Kittie Pie since Nov 12th, sometimes 2 weeks between replies.

The latest issue is that I am being asked for batch numbers but in looking at every single bottle I have ever received from VV there is not a batch number on it, I have even supplied pictures of the bottle.

My primary concern now is that I would like to place a new order and would like to make sure I order it properly because as I said...all of my bottles prior to this last batch show the first number as PG and the second as VG. So do I place a order using the industry standard of 80PG\20VG or do I order it based on VV's website which is 20VG\80PG?

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
Kitty here! This is a recent issue that has cropped up, and I'm sorry it has been so confusing. I will bring it up with Annette to see what we can do. I too am used to the 80/20 being pg/vg. When you make your order note, maybe do it in this format

80 PG
20 VG

Instead of side-by-side. I'm sorry it's been such a pain, and will try to get some resolution! Thanks for your feedback, it's stuff like this that we need to hear. :)

Last edited:

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
wind, where do you see anything on VV with 80/20 either way? I only see 100%VG or 50/50.

When I first started ordering VV, there was an 80pg/20vg option. Annette dropped it off the menu about 2 years ago IIRC, as it was requested on less than 10% of orders (Annette was more well-known for her talent of infusing delicious flavor into 100VG). I was one of the 10%, so I was a little bummed, but I soon moved to 50/50 for convenience's sake and have been very happy with it. My sister still custom orders her beloved Double Espresso at 80PG/20VG. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. :)

:2c:

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Let me talk to our lab on Monday (since I'm currently pregnant, I'm steering clear of nicotine and not working in the lab myself). I know that, regardless of industry standard, there has been confusion in the past because some customers put PG first, others put VG first, and some put a ratio without noting which is which. This can make it confusing to work out what a customer is asking for. So I'd say the most important thing is to specify what YOU are requesting so that it's very clear and easy for us to follow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread